Will/Should Bobby Green retire?

standandtrade7

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's interesting he only has that one loss in the octagon and he showed some tremendous durability. It just seems like he embodies a lot of that scrap pack mentality where they blame everything and everyone but themselves when things don't go their way.

I just rewatched his fight with Barboza and I knew he taunted him the whole time and at the end. But that can still be attributed to adrenaline, mind games, etc. But I just noticed even as they read the decision, Green is still taunting and making gestures about Barboza running. After he had just called Edson over and embraced him.
4Ut9xk.gif

To make matters worse, he is not some Diego who goes forward and Brawls. The style he despised from Barboza is one that he employed against guys like Pat Healy.

He has a top 10/Top 5 win and a very well rounded skill set that can present problems for most of the division.

I personally would not like to see him retire. I'd like to see him fight Danny Castillo since they are both coming off a loss and hate each other.

I can't stand watching him. He won't retire, but I wish he would.

Huge waste of natural talent.

He's definitely top 10 material when he's on point, he should fight the loser of Felder vs Miller

He should just start engaging again instead and everyone would be happy.

Using grappling again would be good too.

He should fight Eddie Alvarez. Winnable fight for either guy that puts the winner back on track and they both like to box.

He's definitely top 10 material when he's on point, he should fight the loser of Felder vs Miller

I didn't even know that fight was happening. Its interesting before the fight Edson said Green had great heave movement but he would have to start his combination with a hard kick so that Green would be forced to seize up to block it and it would nullify his head movement over time and open opportunities in his boxing.

I think that is exactly how it played out. I don't really believe Green was off at all. If you follow his instragram, he prepared with Nick, Nate, Yancy, and Joe Schilling for this fight. He took it seriously and looked on point for the first 60 seconds or so.

He should just start engaging again instead and everyone would be happy.

Using grappling again would be good too.

Its hard to grapple someone when you can't even clinch them.

I think a change in camps would help Green. Maybe Jacksons? Oh shit Cerrone would probably not like that.

He should stop trying to emulate the Diaz brothers and focus on what's important.

Barboza made him look like a fucking fool.

I don't like watching him fight but I don't necessarily think he should retire.

He needs to change camps. He has a terrible attitude- he should move to MMA lab or TAM. Some place with a positive team attitude. Otherwise he won't last long.

nah, there's no way he's retiring. Pretty sure he was just going all Diaz and threatening to in order to try and get a better contract.

No! he has so much potential, someone should just tell him to screw the showmanship and just go for the win, I don't want him to become another "what if?" like Karo<-- a bit different but he also had potential.

Also what other fighter could take that beating from Barboza, He took a damn kick to the back of his head and still fought. The kick was legal Bobby turned his head, but I doubt alot of fighters could take that.

Why should he retire and why do you think Castillo, not even top 15 and dominated and KTFO by a dude who took the fight, the second in his UFC career, on 3 weeks notice, deserves a fight with a top 10 fighter?

i think this guy got by on a lot of natural talent...First saw him in affliction fighting Lauzons Bro and shouting out Donald trump...He was definitely entertaining with some original fight style....He seems to have plenty of fight left in him..

Also I personally thought that edson should have lost against Castillo. I might have a fuzzy memory but I can rewatch it incase someone thinks i'm wrong.

Why should he retire and why do you think Castillo, not even top 15 and dominated and KTFO by a dude who took the fight, the second in his UFC career, on 3 weeks notice, deserves a fight with a top 10 fighter?

I only mentioned it because during the Barboza leadup Castillo and Green were twitter beefing and Castillo was talking shit on twitter during the Barboza fight to Green.

Back