Will Shogun ever fight Glover?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Back in the day there was some talk of Shogun ducking Glover, don't know how true it was but it was around anyway. Now Glover is still considered a top guy and Shogun not so much, but if say Glover somehow loses to Cummins or Shogun gets another couple wins, do you think we could possibly see this fight?

Shogun didn't duck Glover, he chose a bigger name than Glover at the time. I'm sure they would fight now but I prefer another opponent for Shogun.

Glover vs Rashad/Bader winner for title shot
Shogun vs Rampage II or Franklin next

I think this is a logical match up for both guy, but if Glover wins I won't blame him if he decline shogun for a top 5 in a title eliminator fight

Glover is considered to be a "top guy" going 1-2 in his last three? Man, what has MMA's once most prestigious division come to...

Glover is considered to be a "top guy" going 1-2 in his last three? Man, what has MMA's once most prestigious division come to...

One of those 2 losses was Jon Jones, you can't really hold that against him.

We just don't seem to see Brazilian/Brazilian fights very often. I know they happen, just not often scheduled anymore.

Shogun v Glover? Nah, I wouldn't buy.

Shogun v Coleman 3? Lets do it.

Shogun absolutely ducked Glover. He then proceeded to have a very competitive match with Brandon Vera of all people. Glover would have destroyed him then, he would destroy him now. If l'il Nog had him doing the chicken dance, Glover would skateboard him.

More importantly, do you really want to see it at this point?

Shogun absolutely ducked Glover. He then proceeded to have a very competitive match with Brandon Vera of all people. Glover would have destroyed him then, he would destroy him now. If l'il Nog had him doing the chicken dance, Glover would skateboard him.

This. Glover would beat him both standing and on the ground.

Eh not ideal at this point for shoguns career, glovers power would be too much for shogun I see it being an easy night for Glover. If Glover get's past Cummins which I doubt he will give him the loser of Bader/Evans. Shogun rematches Rampage or even St. Preux both could be fun fights.

If Shogun lasts a few more fights it might happen. I didn't think we would ever get the Shogun and Lil Nog rematch but it got done eventually. Could definitely see it if the UFC needed a headliner for a Brazilian fight night card.

I see no reason for them to fight. Rua is to shot right now. Glover would just take him down and finish him there.

For his sake I hope not.

Back