Will Sage Northcutt Be in the UFC in 3 Years?

He's only in it to pay his college tuition.
Once college is over, Sage is going to Hollywood and make martial arts or ninja movies.

lol this new WME-group will probably turn him into a movie star.

This.

It's not an accident that an entertainment conglomerate bought the UFC.

I think, sadly, that the UFC is going the way of boxing. You can see it already with the "big money fights" stuff.

You take an asset you have (like Sage) that you think you can make money from and you build him up. Even if it's a fraudulent build-up. Then you cash it out and move on to the next asset.

I thought Mayweather did this brilliantly in his career. And he made a huge amount of money from doing it. But Mayweather can actually fight at a very high level.

The sad part is that the 'sport' aspect gets taken out of the equation. It's more individual assets you can make money from and you protect them from loses and things that detract from their value.

People want the heroes that they want. They want the ripped guy with the smile, even if he can't fight. You just pretend he can fight and protect him from tough fights and you and he make a bunch of money together.

It's so similar to WWE, in my opinion.

Sage isn't going anywhere. He's too valuable, or at least the UFC thinks he's too valuable.

I don't know about constantly.

He's getting slightly less crappy per fight maybe?

He's got the stamina and endurance and physique and etc etc but lacks severely in actual fighting skill / fight IQ. From what I've seen his opponents have always been better but were outmatched in strength and endurance etc

Sage often loses before he finally wins after just surviving long enough
yep yep. he loses 9/10 against non crossfitters.

Back