Will Rumble ever come back to the UFC?

Stixx

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight on this? I know Dana was open to it a while back, but I haven't heard anything since. Maybe his contract at WSOF hinders him? Or maybe he feels just fine where he is.

I think Rumble belongs in the UFC, he's too good not to fight there, and he's also too much of a warrior to be anywhere else imo. He brings it every time, puts on spectacular fights, doesn't give a shit and moves up to HW to beat Andrei Arlovski after wrecking everyone else at LHW. I know, his competition hasn't been UFC-level, but in my eyes he has just looked very promising at 205.

He would be an interesting addition to the LHW division in the UFC, and I think he could very likely work his way into the top 10.

Hopefully with another decent win or two. Some good match ups for him at LHW.

he's too good not to fight there, and he's also too much of a warrior to be anywhere else imo.

haha chill out fanboy

moves up to HW to beat Andrei Arlovski after wrecking everyone else at LHW.

D.J. Linderman, Jake Rosholt, and Esteves Jones = "everyone else at LHW"

Anyway, dude is currently injured, 7-4 in the UFC, and missed weight by over 10 pounds in his last UFC fight.

Could he fight in the UFC again? Of course, but curb your enthusiasm.

Dude has been hitting the buffet hard. Here is a recent pic.

BUPT1yzIUAA98NU.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/badboybranding/status/379379714852659200

If he does it will be at 205. I think he could do well there.

doubtful. Wasn't all that impressive at 170. Didn't look great against Vitor at 185. Hasn't look exactly awesome or faced tough competition since. I firmly believe the Top ten at 185/205/HW in the UFC easily handles Rumble. When Rumble gets in a tough spot he pulls a Trigg. Gets choked out by a turtleneck sweater.

Definately.
UFC LHW division is dying and he is the best LHW outside UFC.

Definately.
UFC LHW division is dying and he is the best LHW outside UFC.

that's a stretch. I'd favor Newton, King Mo and Vegh all over Rumble at 205. But again, that's just my personal opinion. Rumble is easily top 5 best LHW not in the UFC tho.

as far as being the bigger name at 205 not in the UFC, Rumble wins that title (if you don't count Rampage or Ortiz who are obviously bigger names)

that's a stretch. I'd favor Newton, King Mo and Vegh all over Rumble at 205. But again, that's just my personal opinion. Rumble is easily top 5 best LHW not in the UFC tho.

as far as being the bigger name at 205 not in the UFC, Rumble wins that title (if you don't count Rampage or Ortiz who are obviously bigger names)

UFC can't sign Bellator's fighter.
So Rumble is the best available LHW.

that's why Eddie Alvarez isn't in the UFC right now

Had a matching clause in his contract. Bellator matched it.

But the UFC can offer any free agent a contract despite being in Bellator. Some fighters have champion clauses to other contract clauses with certain org's. This has been going on in MMA for sometime now between Org's. It's not exactly new territory.

Dana said he wants him back but am said he's chilling right now. He's getting paid like 75/75 with wsof and he doubts ufc will lay him that much so he'll keep doing what he's doing until then.

Dana said he wants him back but am said he's chilling right now. He's getting paid like 75/75 with wsof and he doubts ufc will lay him that much so he'll keep doing what he's doing until then.

That's a smart move. See my sig.

Had a matching clause in his contract. Bellator matched it.

But the UFC can offer any free agent a contract despite being in Bellator. Some fighters have champion clauses to other contract clauses with certain org's. This has been going on in MMA for sometime now between Org's. It's not exactly new territory.

Yeah they "matched" it

Back