Will Ronda keep her word tonight?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by DetectiveBound, Aug 1, 2015.

1. DetectiveBound

DetectiveBound Orange Belt

Ronda Rousey has a history of a pathological liar and pretty much being a bipolar baby with a lot of things and her hate for Bethe made her go out of her way to make a statement tonight. What she plans to do is the following:

- Brutalize her and take her time with her, outright saying she won't finish it in the first round.
    - Leave the belt in the octagon after beating her as kind of a middle finger to the Brazilians.

Now I can't make a poll but I'd really like to know how many of you actually think she'll keep her word and try fighting with Bethe for a longer period of time. Personally I think she'll arm bar her in the first round especially if Bethe manages to tag her once (which could happen if Ronda fucks around), but that's just me.

And if you don't buy the whole liar thing just go look at some of her interviews. In one she openly talks about her sexuality and how sexual she is, then she bitches at reporters saying it's not something she would ever talk about. Astonishingly she calls out all the men at 135 and says she'd kick their ass right? Well later they call her bullshit and accept the challenge, only to have her say flat out "I'm a feminist and that would be unfair because they have an advantage and it's rude to even suggest that it would be fair for me". Google is your friend!

2. skold

skold Black Belt

Ronda tkos her in the final minute of the first round

Also is this a fighter bashing thread in disguise? Wtf is up with that last paragraph

3. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Ronda is terrible striker. She will take the fight to the ground the first chance she gets. She only knows hip toss and arm bar.

Don't be fooled by Ronda blabbering about this and that. She is not going to stand with Bethe as that would mean Ronda would lose.

4. skold

skold Black Belt

Hah

5. skombolis

skombolis Gold Belt

She finished 2 of her last 3 fights by striking

6. dmc

dmc Black Belt

She will have no choice but leave the belt there, it wont be hers...

7. Zanmato

Zanmato Black Belt

ronda would outbox beth with two broken hands

8. DetectiveBound

Well most people start asking what did she say and I didn't feel like posting sources that date several years back, but I gave people a summary since I don't think anyone ever likes sorting through ten thousand pages of shit on the MMA equivalent of Fox News (aka places like Bleacher Report).

9. Ghost of Omni

Ghost of Omni Banned Banned

agree. She already admitted her mom 'talked her out of it' of punishing Bethe. Ronda never wanted it. She knows her daughter isnt unstoppable outside her little judo/armbar

10. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Black Belt

Ronda is too competitive in the cage. I think it will be another quick finish.

11. Max Power

Max Power Got The Touch Platinum Member

Part of the appeal of seeing Ronda fight for me is her finishing her opponents as quick as possible.:)

12. She doesn't really hate Bethe...

13. skombolis

skombolis Gold Belt

You don't get laid much do you?

That is a lot of pent up hostility towards a woman that has no involvement in your actual life. Seems like you have bigger issues going on.

14. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

Source?

15. mikehunt

mikehunt ........Belt Buckle........

[​IMG]

16. DetectiveBound

Ronda is a terrible striker, but she's better than everyone at her weight class when it comes to striking keep that in mind. Bethe is an atrocious striker in that regard and she has no take down defense, nothing to counter the judo, nothing to counter the jujitsu, she's fucked.

Miesha is the only one who trains properly and even she is still fucked, but she comes closer every time she fights Ronda so maybe that's why the trilogy won't happen.

17. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

All of her "hate" for her opponents is just acting. Preparing her for Hollywood and wwe

18. DetectiveBound

19. SocraticMethod

SocraticMethod Kingmaker

She's going to armbar Bethe in a minute or two. And she's going to bring the belt home. And she's not going to flip off the Brazilians that cheered for her more than Bethe at the weigh-ins.

20. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt