Will Ronda be on the embedded episodes?

I thought UFC said there would not be a bunch of the usual stuff, due to Ronda's contractual limits on media requirements...no pre-fight presser, no embedded, etc.

Say what you want about her, her people, etc...but Ronda knows she badly needs a win here, and she is smart enough to focus exclusively on that goal at this point.

Looks like she's better at business than Conor, Nate and other fighters. She getting away with not doing any media, and a 145 championship being created is a hint at good business sense from her.
The Conor thing waz a Ruse imo that waz set up once Lesnar stepped up.

Ronda definitely got her way... but is that better business? From someone who'z getting a piece of the PPV... the more buyz she gets, the more money she makes = better business. The way to get PPV buyz is to get teh word out there & do media.... so her business sense is failing her there.

We're talking the sh*t out of it on Sherdog... so media silence works to get our attention... but it takes lots of casualz to reach 7 figure PPV buyz... & so I'm not sure it's such an effective "Business Strategy"

What is your reference to the Ronda's business sense having something to do with the 145 lb. division? I haven't heard anything about her involvement in the creation of that weight class except that she might get a title shot there.

The Conor thing waz a Ruse imo that waz set up once Lesnar stepped up.
We're talking the sh*t out of it on Sherdog... so media silence works to get our attention... but it takes lots of casualz to reach 7 figure PPV buyz... & so I'm not sure it's such an effective "Business Strategy"

What is your reference to the Ronda's business sense having something to do with the 145 lb. division? I haven't heard anything about her involvement in the creation of that weight class except that she might get a title shot there.

You said it best, unless water bottles are thrown or memorable quotes that can be replayed over and over, I don't think press conferences and media workouts add significant buys to a PPV. The media will still cover the event.

The 145 title is pure speculation, but the timing is curious. Especially, after Conor got the two belts. They had Cyborg fight twice at 140, then when Ronda is about to come back they bring the title. My guess is they are hoping for a Ronda 145 title shot.

You said it best, unless water bottles are thrown or memorable quotes that can be replayed over and over, I don't think press conferences and media workouts add significant buys to a PPV. The media will still cover the event.

The 145 title is pure speculation, but the timing is curious. Especially, after Conor got the two belts. They had Cyborg fight twice at 140, then when Ronda is about to come back they bring the title. My guess is they are hoping for a Ronda 145 title shot.
I imagine Cyborg waz going to be a main figure in that division. I think they started the division just before Cyborg got popped... lol... that's gotta be a hard hit.

Will be interesting to see how 207 doez with no main event fighter talk. It certainly doesn't seem like it will boost numbers. Maybe, the media silence will get so much press that it will bring in the casualz... I don't know. Can't wait to see what the buyz are! To be honest I hope they're way down... I don't like my main event people so quiet. I wanna see embedded, & interviewz, & all that!

Will be interesting to see how 207 doez with no main event fighter talk. It certainly doesn't seem like it will boost numbers. Maybe, the media silence will get so much press that it will bring in the casualz... I don't know. Can't wait to see what the buyz are! To be honest I hope they're way down... I don't like my main event people so quiet. I wanna see embedded, & interviewz, & all that!

From the point of view of the recent struggles with fighters and the UFC, I don't mind it at all. Dana and his guys are bullies, I kind of like it when fighters get their way. I expect Conor to have a similar deal, bums me out a little since his PC are gold, he'll prolly do a couple of appearances near fight week.

Too bad Honda is fucking boring, her embedded videos get no where near the views that McGregor gets... I always skip through her vids she's fucking boring.

It looks to me that ufc hardly cares about this card and are ready for it to be over.

From the point of view of the recent struggles with fighters and the UFC, I don't mind it at all. Dana and his guys are bullies, I kind of like it when fighters get their way. I expect Conor to have a similar deal, bums me out a little since his PC are gold, he'll prolly do a couple of appearances near fight week.
Great point on the fighterz standing up to the UFC. I do like seeing that happen too.

Just being a bit selfish wanting to see the typical pre-fight stuff though.

OMG... please don't let Conor cut out his PC time :eek:

Too bad Honda is fucking boring, her embedded videos get no where near the views that McGregor gets... I always skip through her vids she's fucking boring.
Hah, wasnt it an embedded where first coined the DNB phrase then later acted it out to the letter?

Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor Conor

she wont even answer questions for 20 seconds at a faceoff, now she's going to be followed and talking to cameras for a week? come on people.

Then the match will take place and everyone will have to leave the arena. Only Rogan ill be allowed to see what is going on and will give us play by play. The Bobby Fischer of WMMA.
Are you crazy? Rogan won't be allowed there!

Back