Will Robbie look to utilize takedowns against Carlos?

Diaz was top 5. That was for the interim title.

I don't know what you mean when you say "everything on the line"... because he only had 1 fight where "everything [was] on the line" and that was against GSP... a man nobody has been able to beat since his second reign.

The Diaz win has an asterisk beside it and left a bad taste even amongst Conditions supporters. All I said is that he keeps coming up short in big fights such as Woodley. The best comparison is how each respective fighter performed against Hendricks. Lawler wins this comparison hands down. Better be something new about Condit this time. Jackson game planning isn't enough against Lawler.

Just because Lawler mostly decides to stand and trade shots doesn't mean he isn't a great wrestler. Hell his takedown defense is proof of that. Opponents of Carlos in the past have had great success with mixing in takedowns with their strikes to stifle Carlos from circling and Robbie was able to take down Matt Brown and Bobby Volker.

You've got to think the coaches at ATT will suggest that Lawler utilizes this aspect of his game along with some vicious ground and pound right? There is always the possibility that Carlos could nab a submission but I think at this point in Robbie's career his defense is probably enough to evade Carlos's guard and get to a dominant position to land devastating power shots from the mount.

Thoughts?

If he does it'll be like when Liddell took Wanderlei down. Just to show he could and let him right back up. Lawler's going to keep it 100 and try to KO Condit like he does in every fight.

If Condit hurts Lawler the way Rory did, he's in trouble.

Maybe but Lawler's always dangerous. He could barely stand against Manhoef and landed one of the crazier KO punches I've ever seen. Manhoef's chin wasn't the best anymore at this point but his attack was crazy.

someone is gonna get knocked out
or
we get a tech jab fest

and Condit backpeddled from Diaz for 25 mins, Diaz who got wrestle fucked by GSP.

Lawlers knocking Condit out.

Condit has fought 38 fights spanning 12 years and never been KO'ed. You may be in for a let down.

Anything can happen. But if you don't have Lawler as an overwhelming favorite you're an idiot.

Lawler is a slight favorite right now at -120 over Condit. He will not be an overwhelming favorite, not against Carlos Condit. He is favored, and he should be but lets not get carried away.

The Diaz win has an asterisk beside it and left a bad taste even amongst Conditions supporters. All I said is that he keeps coming up short in big fights such as Woodley. The best comparison is how each respective fighter performed against Hendricks. Lawler wins this comparison hands down. Better be something new about Condit this time. Jackson game planning isn't enough against Lawler.

How they each did against Hendricks is no indication of how they would do against each other. Shit just doesn't work that way. Condit has a bigger striking tool kit as well. Lawler hits harder but Condit has a huge arsenal of strikes and has never been KO'ed.

Condit has performed well in loads of big fights?

Won and defended WEC belt.

First man to finish DHK

Beat Diaz in interim title fight

FOTN vs GSP and came close to finishing

Finished Kampmann in FOTN headliner

Put on one of the best WW scraps with Hendricks

Finished Alves headlining in Brazil in his comeback.

Oh yeah, he tore his ACL vs Woodley, dude is mud.

Back