Will Robbie look to utilize takedowns against Carlos?

Lawler won't try to take Condit down. He'll get beat up and swept, possibly subbed. Condit beat up and swept a much better grappler in GSP.

Robbie will stand and lose the fight standing. I've bet against Lawler twice now and lost, third time is the charm especially since he's fighting Condit.

Maybe, you should stop betting against Robbie. At this point in their careers, as exciting as Condit is, Lawler is a far more proven commodity and has shown to be stronger in the areas where Carlos is the weakest. You are gonna be one mad SOB on the night aren't you :icon_lol:

Carlos has a very good ground game. Robbie would need to be careful, but it could prove a good strategy. Robbie has very good ground and pound.

Maybe, you should stop betting against Robbie. At this point in their careers, as exciting as Condit is, Lawler is a far more proven commodity and has shown to be stronger in the areas where Carlos is the weakest. You are gonna be one mad SOB on the night aren't you :icon_lol:

Which areas are those?

Condit is weakest against strong wrestlers who are also top notch grapplers, meaning who won't get swept or subbed. Even vs the GOAT wrestler/grappler Condit swept him and beat him up from the bottom. Robbie doesn't fit that criteria.

They're probably going to strike, and I see Condit being more effective. If Robbie gets on the inside, Condit clinch is really good as well.

Condit is gonna take that belt. His killer instinct is making a return

He has far better defensive wrestling than Carlos, he has MUCH more KO power on top of excellent footwork. Not to mention the whole reason I started this thread, if Robbie decides he wants to take the fight to the ground he can do it at any time he wishes and Carlos won't be able to do much to stop it.

Even if Carlos manages to hurt Robbie on the feet Robbie will come back at him even stronger and landing furious shots to the body and to the jaw of Carlos. Also look at how many times Carlos has taken huge punches straight to the jaw. He has been able to take them but for how long will that holds up for him?

He has far better defensive wrestling than Carlos, he has MUCH more KO power on top of excellent footwork. Not to mention the whole reason I started this thread, if Robbie decides he wants to take the fight to the ground he can do it at any time he wishes and Carlos won't be able to do much to stop it.

Even if Carlos manages to hurt Robbie on the feet Rob he will come back at him even stronger and landing furious shots to the body and to the jaw of Carlos. Also look at how many times Carlos has taken huge punches straight to the jaw. He has been able to take them but for how long will that holds up for him?

Robbie does look really good right now, but I don't think defensive wrestling is going to figure in this fight. They aren't going to try and take each other down, and I think Robbie won't be comfortable on the ground even on top. Condit's guard and scrambling ability is some of the best in the WW division, if not in MMA.

We will see. My money is on Condit either by dec or late stoppage.

Also during Robbie's fight with Jacare he was able to defend against like five different submissions before finally succumbing to the bigger stronger fighter. Condit's jujitsu is nowhere near the level of Jacare and Carlos won't have a strength advantage either.

Obviously Lawler is capable of standing with Condit but if he was smart he would use a wrestling and strength advantage to set up a bomb.

I don't think Lawler can win a 5 round standing war of attrition with Condit, he needs to land something huge.

Obviously Lawler is capable of standing with Condit but if he was smart he would use a wrestling and strength advantage to set up a bomb.

I don't think Lawler can win a 5 round standing war of attrition with Condit, he needs to land something huge.

This is kind of what I was thinking. At lease if Carlos feared the possibility of a takedown it would open up a window for Robbie to land a nuclear bomb of a punch!

It was for a belt vs a fighter with better striking, this fight is for a belt with a fighter with better striking.

Condit is a better striker than Nick 'but I got the takedown' Diaz and probably Lawler.

Lawler has better hands and power Condit has better kicks, elbows, knees and angles.

Amazing fight.

Since Lawler made the obvious correct move to ATT, he is a different animal-He will not look to be taking down Carlos.Lawler' s being is one big thick presence who believes no one at ww can stand and trade with him----including the diverse striking of a thinner Carlos Condit.
---Cant wait to find out who gets the better of who when they do stand and trade.

No, and I see Robbie getting finished in this one.

But what do I know.

Anything can happen. But if you don't have Lawler as an overwhelming favorite you're an idiot.

he should

condit has like the worst TDD ever

bad matchup for robbie.. and he wont go for a takedown.. conduit should get a 3rd or 4th round finish here...

If he has any sort of logical thought in his brain, he will. Carlos has some of the worst takedown defense in the UFC.

Carlos has had one of the most insanely toughest schedule of any fighter period over the past 3 years. Which is the problem. Once he fights a top 5 opponent with everything on the line he comes just short. Will all of that change? Lawler has to be off for that to happen . Who fought better against Hendricks and gave him a tougher fight. Lawler. Diaz at the very least dispelled the myth that Condit is so much more lethal over a 5 round fight. Condit needs a lucky headkick or knee ala GSP or DHK to win this.

Back