Will Robbie look to utilize takedowns against Carlos?

I think its more likely that condit tries to take lawler down.

It would be the smart idea, but I doubt it. Lawler is riding such a wave of confidence right now, he'll fight like he's invincible.

Exactly this. Seeing Lawler eating all those shots in previous fights makes me wonder what can actually stop him.

Lawler will stand and trade. Hope Carlos does the same and we have ourselves probably FOTY. So far it's Lawler vs Rory, probably the best title fight in WW history

This fight is a bad matchup for Robbie, Carlos takes this anyway I think.

So TS Robbie's TDs could be used to stifle the circling of Condit but I thought circling efficiently helped avoid TDs?

(Not being a sarcastic ass, actually am curious)

Well, Robbie fights from a southpaw stance and Carlos fights from an Orthodox stance. So if Carlos is circling to his left that gives a Robbie the opportunity to shoot in more easily on Carlos's left leg. If Carlos circles to the right then he is circling into Robbie's power back leg. A stiff liver kick could get Carlos circling back in the other direction thereby leaving him open to some takedowns.

Just because Lawler mostly decides to stand and trade shots doesn't mean he isn't a great wrestler. Hell his takedown defense is proof of that. Opponents of Carlos in the past have had great success with mixing in takedowns with their strikes to stifle Carlos from circling and Robbie was able to take down Matt Brown and Bobby Volker.

You've got to think the coaches at ATT will suggest that Lawler utilizes this aspect of his game along with some vicious ground and pound right? There is always the possibility that Carlos could nab a submission but I think at this point in Robbie's career his defense is probably enough to evade Carlos's guard and get to a dominant position to land devastating power shots from the mount.

Thoughts?

Gsp and hendricks didnt pass his guard and do anything.Hendricks had to hold on for dear life.

Probably be just an all out strike fest

If we've learned anything about Lawler over his career, it's that playing it safe is not in his repertoire. I'm a big fan of Condit's, but if this fight is a letdown for any reason it will be because Condit stays on his bicycle for 25 minutes like he did in the Diaz fight.

Lawler won't try to take Condit down. He'll get beat up and swept, possibly subbed. Condit beat up and swept a much better grappler in GSP.

Robbie will stand and lose the fight standing. I've bet against Lawler twice now and lost, third time is the charm especially since he's fighting Condit.

Lawler won't try to take Condit down. He'll get beat up and swept, possibly subbed. Condit beat up and swept a much better grappler in GSP.

Robbie will stand and lose the fight standing. I've bet against Lawler twice now and lost, third time is the charm especially since he's fighting Condit.

and Condit backpeddled from Diaz for 25 mins, Diaz who got wrestle fucked by GSP.

Lawlers knocking Condit out.

evade Carlos's guard and get to a dominant position to land devastating power shots from the mount.

Thoughts?

You don't evade the guard, you pass it, and GSP and Hendricks couldn't. I say no way in hell Robbie MOUNTS condit.

I can't believe how much heat Condit takes for one fight. Good lord the guy is a warrior and had one fight where he utilized a game plan to get a points win. Get over it, some of these fools should look up felon fights instead, might be more up your alley.

Robbie doesn't need to takedown anyone in the division. He can strike with and or knockout anyone. Not to mention stuff any takedown anyone is capable of. He is the welterweight divisions worst nightmare finally come to fruition. He is essentially the GSP antichrist.

Robbie doesn't need to takedown anyone in the division. He can strike with and or knockout anyone. Not to mention stuff any takedown anyone is capable of. He is the welterweight divisions worst nightmare finally come to fruition. He is essentially the GSP antichrist.

Love it man

I can't believe how much heat Condit takes for one fight. Good lord the guy is a warrior and had one fight where he utilized a game plan to get a points win. Get over it, some of these fools should look up felon fights instead, might be more up your alley.
Exactly! 30 WINS, 28 finishes. Diaz has more decision wins, so who's really the point fighter? :)

It was for a belt vs a fighter with better striking, this fight is for a belt with a fighter with better striking.

and Condit backpeddled from Diaz for 25 mins, Diaz who got wrestle fucked by GSP.

Lawlers knocking Condit out.

wat

Are these the types of geniuses that police our streets? No wonder there's so much trouble with the PD.

Condit isn't getting knocked out. He might lose a decision, but if there is a KO, Lawler is the one going to sleep.

Back