Opinion Will psychoanalysis replace election forecasting models?

DivineMind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll keep it brief.

Election models were dogshit.

PA, FL, WI, OH, MI, IA. Way off.

Psychoanalytic prediction methods have yielded impressive results as of late (see here: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...r-predicting-fights-but-why-the-hate.4142470/ as one example).

Are election models just done for , with no proper way to address the non response bias ?

Will this open the door up to other prediction methods like psychoanalysis?

Or are we getting too hung up on quantitative predictions and miss the forest for the trees ? Are polls self fulfilling prophesies?

Let's hear your thoughts (@HHJ @LFAHFN22 )

Last edited:
I thought that was a great read and really like the theory about "joiners" not monsters who perpetrate violence on others. I think generally speaking the article and theory is on the right track in explaining how it is really emotion that caused many people to support trump even though this in unknown even to themselves.

i especially see the truth in the anger and the feeling of power that aligning to an abusive symbol like trump gives a person from being in that group and also the need of many of these people to have a group to hate rather than a cause to stand for.

good thread idea man.

Last edited:
Trumpers-The media doesn’t decide the winner!
Trump on election night- “We already won.”

TS doesn't know what psychoanalysis is let alone know how to apply it to make predictions

I bet social media algorithms could be used to make very accurate election predictions...

... but that would be "unethical."

i think the reason no one has responded is because you linked some mma prediction you made (only 2) as support for your argument. it made you seem like a crackpot. i almost did not read your link because of it but did go on to read it.

you should edit the ts, get rid of your claim about mma prediction and then summarize a few of the most cogent points from the linked article and i think you would have a good thread on your hands.

I thought that was a great read and really like the theory about "joiners" not monsters who perpetrate violence on others. I think generally speaking the article and theory is on the right track in explaining how it is really emotion that caused many people to support trump even though this in unknown even to themselves.

i especially see the truth in the anger and the feeling of power that aligning to an abusive symbol like trump gives a person from being in that group and also the need of many of these people to have a group to hate rather than a cause to stand for.

good thread idea man.

Thanks man, as a psychoanalyst I really see the value in this, especially when people become too reliant on pollsters.

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread.

But please don't discount my mma psychoanalytical predictions, they have been remarkably accurate.

They are completely useless unless you factor in Voter Fraud...The only way to truly predict an outcome, is to Rig It..Just sayin..

They are completely useless unless you factor in Voter Fraud...The only way to truly predict an outcome, is to Rig It..Just sayin..
and the polls were inaccurate, imagine that.

Thanks man, as a psychoanalyst I really see the value in this, especially when people become too reliant on pollsters.

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread.

But please don't discount my mma psychoanalytical predictions, they have been remarkably accurate.

ok. im open minded about it and will edit my post accordingly.

please provide more of your thoughts on trump from that perspective. i believe in that kind of way of looking into the world. im coming more from a spiritual perspective but it does seem to me that a look into peoples motives, into their fears, pride, and wounds can often give a much better explanation for what they do and think than the supposed arguments offered.

what we find in deep spiritual work is that we are always lying to ourselves and others, always driven by many things that were once hidden and that new vistas of the same are yet to be revealed to us.

and our unrecognized wounds and pain are always involved in every decision like it or not.

This is really embarassing

Like your penis.

So flawed science jumping to junk science.

Great.

the same principles would apply equally to the left bob....... just in different areas and manifesting differently from individual to individual.

i personally never took any of this to be only about the right other than just being limited by this thread space and subject matter.

the same principles would apply equally to the left bob....... just in different areas and manifesting differently from individual to individual.

i personally never took any of this to be only about the right other than just being limited by this thread space and subject matter.

Wasn’t left or right for me either.

Polls are flawed, but they are at least based in mathematics.

Psychoanalysis? No offense to the op, but IMO, too much wiggle room for (partisan) bullshit.

Back