Will Powerlifting/Weightlifting always be a boring sport?

You keep repeating your assumption that powerlifters are fat and immobile. Do you realize there are weight classes here and the guys below HW can all pump out more pullups than you?
screenshot-www-powerliftingwatch-com-2019-06-27-12-41-08.png

Even with their 400+ bench presses. Seems like you got all your stereotypes from Westside geared suited videos from the 90s. How about you spend some time with real lifters in a serious gym before spouting such ignorance? Otherwise, stay in your lane.

We're talking about two different things. You keep using top 1% of elite powerlifters as examples. I'm talking about gym rat powerlifters.

''Stay in your lane'' what kind of dumb soyboy saying is that?

But Bodil, you keep referring to those very people you describe as Fat and unathletic. I don't know a single gym rat powerlifter who fits your description.

It's not a 130lbs pull. It's a 210BW + 130lbs pull.

That being said, ofc his bench is the more impressive lift. He's in the top 0.001% of lifters.

My issue is with guys who stick with the ''get as big as possible'' mentality, reach a 400 bench at 260lbs of pure fat, yet cannot run a mile or do a single chin up.
He’s an elite deadlifter but not built for benching. And more importantly, he’s ripped, which flies in the face of your argument that people get fat just to build their bench. Any competent powerlifter knows the importance of lat work. Some coaches used to not allow their athletes to touch bench pressing until they could do a pull up. Your lats Are what stabilize you on the bench, lock in your bar Path, and even act as a spring to help get the weight off your chest. Saying a pull up is better than bench press is like saying a leg extension is better than a leg curl. It doesn’t fucking matter and you should do both.

What the hell is going on in this thread? and what ever happened to @woloo

Most gym rat powerlifters I know are on roids so if they’re fat then they’re getting shit gear

lol @ using gear as a recreational athlete, might as well just say they are mentally retarded.

lol @ using gear as a recreational athlete, might as well just say they are mentally retarded.
thats when they lose me lol. i know people who smoke crack for recreation. seems funner and easier on the joints.

Most people hop on gear too quickly thinking it’ll make them world-beaters. Supposedly Matt Wenning could squat over 800 and bench over 500 before getting on gear and he went on to break world records. I dunno if I believe him tho. Those are some heavy assed weights.

Dude, people in this thread acting like run of the mill gym bros aren't on gear, fucking dumb as hell.lol

I've seen and known too many dudes injecting and taking orals trying to be the big man of the gym, let alone being a champion at lifting.

I remember reading that in the USA alone, something like 85% of men in gyms across the country take PEDs. Everyone is trying to be the best, even if that best is just beating yesterday's you...Or the resident strongest gorilla in the gym.

The only reason I haven't jumped on this bandwagon myself is because the wife wants kids before I touch the stuff.lol

Dude, people in this thread acting like run of the mill gym bros aren't on gear, fucking dumb as hell.lol

I've seen and known too many dudes injecting and taking orals trying to be the big man of the gym, let alone being a champion at lifting.

I remember reading that in the USA alone, something like 85% of men in gyms across the country take PEDs. Everyone is trying to be the best, even if that best is just beating yesterday's you...Or the resident strongest gorilla in the gym.

The only reason I haven't jumped on this bandwagon myself is because the wife wants kids before I touch the stuff.lol

Im 29 and never been anywhere close to using or wanting to use gear. I cant see myself using either, unless im in my late 40s and its for health.

The concept of being reliant on a drug to perform is a huge turn off to me. What if you leave to Europe for a month? What if you take a vacation? What if you lose your job and cant afford it? Not even mentioning all the health issues related to it.

Most people hop on gear too quickly thinking it’ll make them world-beaters. Supposedly Matt Wenning could squat over 800 and bench over 500 before getting on gear and he went on to break world records. I dunno if I believe him tho. Those are some heavy assed weights.

Wenning is very knowledgeable and a great powerlifter, but Im 99.99999% sure he did not bench 500 as a natural. Same for the 800 squat. Some people with elite genetics and tons of gear dont reach those numbers. Calling BS on that one.

Im 29 and never been anywhere close to using or wanting to use gear. I cant see myself using either, unless im in my late 40s and its for health.

The concept of being reliant on a drug to perform is a huge turn off to me. What if you leave to Europe for a month? What if you take a vacation? What if you lose your job and cant afford it? Not even mentioning all the health issues related to it.
Well maybe if you got on the gear you wouldn't be such a weakling.

Wenning is very knowledgeable and a great powerlifter, but Im 99.99999% sure he did not bench 500 as a natural. Same for the 800 squat. Some people with elite genetics and tons of gear dont reach those numbers. Calling BS on that one.
I could be wrong but weren't those his single ply numbers?

No hot chicks. Like crossfit is ass but they got pretty girls and handsome guys doing stupid shit.

Well maybe if you got on the gear you wouldn't be such a weakling.

Or I could be the best of both worlds like right now, strong (as in stronger than most drug users), healthy and drug free.

A mid 400's squat @215 is not strong.

In what world are you living in where squatting more than double your BW isnt strong? Not everyone aspires to be a drugged up powerlifter. Anyone who can put up more than 4 plates on their back and squat below parallel is strong, by any standards.

Back