News Will physical media make comeback due to streaming censorship?

So beautiful. You must be model. Open your mind.

Wife and I have a very strong and ranged DVD / br / physical game collection. All kinds of weird obscure shit to classics. We love our physical media. Its like going to the movie store on the weekends back in the day. And no ones ginna tamper with that shit. Our collection is going no where.

After the libs take your guns they are coming for any non-woke movies and TV shows you have on disk. That includes all those classic episodes of TJ Hooker, where black guys play criminals, and Dukes of Hazard with that racist fuckin car they drive around.

It never left for some of us. I'm physical media only. I've never once purchased a stream movie. (I will watch free movies if they're available and I don't own them). But yeah, I'll be sticking with physical for as long as they offer it. And someday if they do away with it completely I'll never get rid of my collection.

Physical > Digital

A life long love of indy music has taught me to never trust digital and that if you don't have the actual copy of the album you might never hear those songs again. I know several bands who no longer even have the masters anymore.

Hbo messing with gone with the wind and Disney censoring that mermaid movie of all things I saw the writing on the wall and have started buying movies from disc replay across the street when I want to watch something. Watching streaming movies I fear is going to be like a permanent Mandela effect where you are constantly saying to yourself I don't remember it this way

Games I never moved away from hard copies and I hate downloads cuz I'm always afraid when the next console comes out they will be like see you dont own this any more and are going to need to rebuy it or pay some money to access your library or something like that.
I have owned stuff on my Xbox for over a decade now.

Laserdisk or eat a can of assholes imo

What's up now, digital only people?

Is HBO Max gonna censor gratuitous female full frontal nudity and genital on genital contact?

I recently bought two iTunes movies only because these two had full frontal nudity and really unlikely to find disc versions anywhere.
What two movies are they that aren't available on disc?

I enjoy a lot of streaming services & their content but when it comes to the films & shows that I want to own it's all physical media for me. I don't own anything digitally. I much prefer owning/collecting Blu-rays & 4K UHD discs.

There's weird compatibility issues between the 360 and the 1. Every arcade game I bought on 360 still works on my 360.
Many years down the road at this point but it seems to me they disappeared on both for us. I cared the most because those games suited my interests more than the big budget titles. Hydrothunder and tetris must have had hundreds of hours logged on them.

I enjoy a lot of streaming services & their content but when it comes to the films & shows that I want to own it's all physical media for me. I don't own anything digitally. I much prefer owning/collecting Blu-rays & 4K UHD discs.
I'd like to create small collection as well but the constant format Flux annoys me. It's sad to me but prirates almost end up with the best way to have this stuff; just a file that can be transferred around.

Many years down the road at this point but it seems to me they disappeared on both for us. I cared the most because those games suited my interests more than the big budget titles. Hydrothunder and tetris must have had hundreds of hours logged on them.
That could be some sort of glitch. I ran into a lot of weird glitches with MS. Just the other day I was playing some games on my 360 that I bought in like 2009.

I wanted to watch the lethal weapon 5 episode of It's Always Sunny the other day, and it was not on any streaming services apparently because of the black face, had to stream it on a website.

images

the hustle don’t stop.

Wife and I have a very strong and ranged DVD / br / physical game collection. All kinds of weird obscure shit to classics. We love our physical media. Its like going to the movie store on the weekends back in the day. And no ones ginna tamper with that shit. Our collection is going no where.

I had like 1600 dvds that I copied from Netflix....so we are talking about me having netflix since 2001 or so. I threw almost all of them away. I'd say I watched 5% or less of them. I was like, I don't have enough life left to watch this shit and tossed them.

After the libs take your guns they are coming for any non-woke movies and TV shows you have on disk. That includes all those classic episodes of TJ Hooker, where black guys play criminals, and Dukes of Hazard with that racist fuckin car they drive around.

The drive to sensor is coming from both conservatives and more establishment liberals these days.

Physical media was only popular to the mainstream audience because it was their only option. This goes for music, movies and all forms of entertainment. Most people don't watch the same movies over and over again or have any desire to own their favorites. They like being spoonfed their entertainment whether it's the radio, just watching whatever comes on TV or now, whatever is on Neflix or Spotify.

It brings my piss to a boil every time I watch a music video on YouTube and someone comments "I WISH THIS WAS ON SPOTIFY!" like it's their only option to listen or get the song. Heaven forbid they buy a CD, vinyl record or even get the files digitally in MP3 or FLAC. It has to be spoonfed to them on Spotify.

I'm a big physical media guy for movies but it's always been niche and only collectors really care. The brief blip in history where everyone bought DVDs because they were cheap and it was abundant wasn't meant to last. Those people are the ones that are streaming, care about convenience over quality and have zero problems or knowledge of something being censored. They'll just move on to the next movie or TV show being promoted in their faces.

Back