will peggy morgan make weight?

karatefoo

they trained me wrong, as a joke!
@Blue
Reaction score
Since now it's obvious they're more than a few weeks into the show, and some of the people have been putting on weight. I can't imagine someone at 6'1" maintaining <140 lbs for a few weeks.

Peggy Morgan has been posting and talking in her blogs that she put herself on a "broccoli starvation diet" to keep her weight on target. And sleeping as much as possible.

Even if she makes weight I suspect she will very weak when her fight comes up against Sarah Moras.

I just realized her BMI is below 18.5. I thought it was kind of weird that she looked fat. Her body must have gone into starvation mode storing what ever she feeds it.

How the fuck is that guy like 157? At this point doesn't he have to cut the rest in water weight? That seems A LOT, especially for a 55er.

Since now it's obvious they're more than a few weeks into the show, and some of the people have been putting on weight. I can't imagine someone at 6'1" maintaining <140 lbs for a few weeks.

The funny thing is that the guys in the show are so small that they look like her children lol

There was a moment where they showd Manny next to her,i thought he was a hobbit.

Atleast she's on a diet, unlike the two guys who are eating their way off the show.

She will make weight. I can't imagine a woman on this season coming into the house and missing weight. I think the women are there to prove something and they aren't messing around. I don't think will see another Cake Ruediger incident.

She will make weight. I can't imagine a woman on this season coming into the house and missing weight. I think the women are there to prove something and they aren't messing around. I don't think will see another Cake Ruediger incident.

GABE-vs-WHALE_CAKE.gif

The funny thing is that the guys in the show are so small that they look like her children lol

There was a moment where they showd Manny next to her,i thought he was a hobbit.

Peggy is my height and I have a picture of myself with Manny after he fought Tyson Griffin. He IS a hobbit.

Assuming that her adjunct professorship implies a Ph.D., there is no shortage of evidence to demonstrate her willpower in terms of drivenness and stick-with-it-ness(a highly prized academic quality).

If she did not make weight, I would be very surprised.

This said, national fervor (I used the "u") drives me to cheer for Cheesecake, who has the warrior mindset to out-Hippolyta the self-described "amazon." Time will tell if she has the other necessary attributes. Go Cheesecake!

Assuming that her adjunct professorship implies a Ph.D., there is no shortage of evidence to demonstrate her willpower in terms of drivenness and stick-with-it-ness(a highly prized academic quality).

If she did not make weight, I would be very surprised.

This said, national fervor (I used the "u") drives me to cheer for Cheesecake, who has the warrior mindset to out-Hippolyta the self-described "amazon." Time will tell if she has the other necessary attributes. Go Cheesecake!

Not be a dick but she's an adjunct prof at South New Hampshire University...that online college that just popped up about a year or 2 ago that there are commericals for. I don't put any stock into something like.

Being an adjunct professor says absolutely nothing about having awesome drive and willpower. lol Thinking otherwise would imply you've never had a class with a lazy and unprofessional professor.

I'd put more stock into her being on the show and stepping into the cage for evidence of that.

Being an adjunct professor says absolutely nothing about having awesome drive and willpower. lol Thinking otherwise would imply you've never had a class with a lazy and unprofessional professor.

I'd put more stock into her being on the show and stepping into the cage for evidence of that.

1) Completing a Ph.D. takes drive and willpower. I said I assumed her adjunct professorship implied she'd earned a doctorate. That some professors are lazy or unprofessional does not mean that achieving their doctorates did not require drive and willpower.

My point was that someone who has demonstrated such drivenness and stick-with-itness, in more than one facet of her life, (academia and mma) is an unlikely candidate to not make weight.

I did not say she had "awesome" drive and willpower. Your use of "absolutely nothing" is a howler.

2) I did not know that her college may be less than reputable. (re: Te Huna Matata above)

Peggy Morgan has been posting and talking in her blogs that she put herself on a "broccoli starvation diet" to keep her weight on target. And sleeping as much as possible.

Even if she makes weight I suspect she will very weak when her fight comes up against Sarah Moras.

Yeah, I just haven't seen any footage of her in the previews, except the one where she was in her prelim fight. I couldn't tell if it was her or not. Referring to the minute-long preview before the season started. I wonder if it's because the only footage they have of her is during training and her fight(s).

In her blog she mentioned she cut from 160ish? That is quite a lot to cut for her. I agree that she may have trouble with Moras and her wrestling if she can't recover any of her weight in time.

Do they do same day weigh ins, or the day before? Even if Peggy were to win the fight, they're on notice for the 2nd set of fights, so she wouldn't have much time to recover.

Yeah, I just haven't seen any footage of her in the previews, except the one where she was in her prelim fight. I couldn't tell if it was her or not. Referring to the minute-long preview before the season started. I wonder if it's because the only footage they have of her is during training and her fight(s).

In her blog she mentioned she cut from 160ish? That is quite a lot to cut for her. I agree that she may have trouble with Moras and her wrestling if she can't recover any of her weight in time.

Do they do same day weigh ins, or the day before? Even if Peggy were to win the fight, they're on notice for the 2nd set of fights, so she wouldn't have much time to recover.

I get the impression that Peggy Morgan was pretty bored during her stay in the TUF house, along with starving from not being able to eat much but afore mentioned broccoli due to having to stay close to her fighting weight, and so slept as much as possible. This is a major reason you just do not see her much on the show.

Once her fight comes up we will see more of her.

As to Peggy's walk around weight I recall seeing her mention from 160 to 165 which is pretty lite weight for her height. When she trains I suspect her training for a fight weight goes down to 154-6 then cuts from a low 151-2, with that water weight and having next to no waste in her system. The weigh in is the day before from what I understand and the fight will have taken place at the 4, or so, weeks in to the competition based on comments from different fighter's blogs. (This last bit of information could have been taken out of context.)

As for fighting Moras. Yes. I agree. It is likely Peggy is going to be suffering debilitating effects from having been on such a sever diet for so long. I really wanted Peggy to get the first women's fight so we would have been able to see her give a good showing of her skills.

Sarah Moras is the worst possible matchup for Peggy in the first place. Moras is the biggest female fighter on team Tate based on overall size. She has pretty good takedowns, good submission skills, is energetic with decent ground and pound skills. Her top control needs some work but is not horrible. Moras has a good bit more general experience in MMA in comparison to Morgan's two years. Moras can afford to lose some weight too, she tends to carry a bit of fat in her buttocks and thighs, much to many of her fan's delight.

I do see Moras' having a little difficulty with the late fight herself but just not as much as Peggy Morgan.

Peggy's base is boxing and kickboxing, amateur from before her pregnancy. She does a good job blanketing her opponents but Moras is good as avoiding that, she is aggressive in her takedowns, and will likely give Peggy a terrible time of it.

Last edited:
I get the impression that Peggy Morgan was pretty bored during her stay in the TUF house, along with starving from not being able to eat much but afore mentioned broccoli due to having to stay close to her fighting weight, and so slept as much as possible. This is a major reason you just do not see her much on the show.

Once her fight comes up we will see more of her.

As to Peggy's walk around weight I recall seeing her mention from 160 to 165 which is pretty lite weight for her height. When she trains I suspect her training for a fight weight goes down to 154-6 then cuts from a low 151-2, with that water weight and having next to no waste in her system. The weigh in is the day before from what I understand and the fight will have taken place at the 4, or so, weeks in to the competition based on comments from different fighter's blogs. (This last bit of information could have been taken out of context.)

As for fighting Moras. Yes. I agree. It is likely Peggy is going to be suffering debilitating effects from having been on such a sever diet for so long. I really wanted Peggy to get the first women's fight so we would have been able to see her give a good showing of her skills.

Sarah Moras is the worst possible matchup for Peggy in the first place. Moras is the biggest female fighter on team Tate based on overall size. She has pretty good takedowns, good submission skills, is energetic with decent ground and pound skills. Her top control needs some work but is not horrible. Moras has a good bit more general experience in MMA in comparison to Morgan's two years. Moras can afford to lose some weight too, she tends to carry a bit of fat in her buttocks and thighs, much to many of her fan's delight.

I do see Moras' having a little difficulty with the late fight herself but just not as much as Peggy Morgan.

Peggy's base is boxing and kickboxing, amateur from before her pregnancy. She does a good job blanketing her opponents but Moras is good as avoiding that, she is aggressive in her takedowns, and will likely give Peggy a terrible time of it.

Thank you for the pre-preview. I appreciate your insights and have been chomping at the bit for this fight since the final two match-ups were made. Moras reminds me of the archaic Spartan quote (paraphrased), "The Spartans do not ask how many there are. Spartans ask where they are."

Looks like Peggy makes weight =-O

But I gotta see the damn preview! WHYYY do they have to show a special next week?

Back