Will other LW be allowed to not cut the weight and still move in the LW rankings?

Mahkor

Drunkmaster Flex
Banned
Reaction score
So I have been very vocal about not really caring if Conor gets a TS if the gets past cowboy, I understand the monetary reasons behind it and I don't believe decisions like that hurt the sport or whatever.

Something I do have an issue with is the justification of making this a 170 bout, Dana, Conor and Conor's team have said that this is a 155 fight were the fighters are not cutting weight, but part of being in the LW division is winning the first battle and making the weight, will other fighters be allowed to fight without cutting weight and still move up in the LW rankings? or does this logic only applies to Conor?

I hope someone has the balls to ask Dana that question this week, Cowboy and Tony actually went through a weight cut in a short notice fight, I guess that shit was for nothing.

If they are fighting at 155 and not cutting weight, yes. If they are fighting at 170, no. That is a different weight class. Pretending it is a 155 fight is stupid. It is not.

They should not be able to weigh in the day before. Weigh ins should be day of before the fight.

This is total nonsense ... if you want to fight at 170 then go up in the 170 rankings. Are masvidal, chiesa and rda in the LW rankings at the moment ??

Last edited:
does this logic only applies to Conor?
It only applies to Conor..

2fdjs6.gif

Who cares, won’t matter anyways because Cowboy finishes the Irish manlet this coming weekend anyways.

Connor is still #4 in the LW rankings despite not winning a fight for how many years?

I stopped fighting the rankings battle long ago. Dana says it has nothing to do with him and its all journalists, but some people get preferential treatment.

Probably not. They should cut the shenanigans and have them weigh in a few hours before the fight anyway. All this cutting weight stuff is bullshit. The mma landscape would look completely different if everybody fought at their natural weight.

If we are going to adhere strictly to the weight class rules (which do they even really exist?), I would agree that fighting at 170 between two typical 155 fighter shouldn't mean they can climb the 155 ladder.

However, reality of weight classes and weight cutting is an inconsistent illogical mess anyhow, so maybe two wrongs make a right.

Do fighters weigh 155 when they step in the cage? Nope.
Could there be as much as a 10 or 15 pound advantage for fighters who both weighed in at 155 the day before when they step in the cage? Yup.
Weigh in's used to be the morning of, then the night before, now it's the morning before. That's as arbitrary as a week or month before since those weights have nothing to do with actual in cage fight weight, which was the entire point of having weight classes.
And why is 156 acceptable as a weight when trying to advance up the 155 rankings? Why not 157 or higher?

So I have been very vocal about not really caring if Conor gets a TS if the gets past cowboy, I understand the monetary reasons behind it and I don't believe decisions like that hurt the sport or whatever.

Something I do have an issue with is the justification of making this a 170 bout, Dana, Conor and Conor's team have said that this is a 155 fight were the fighters are not cutting weight, but part of being in the LW division is winning the first battle and making the weight, will other fighters be allowed to fight without cutting weight and still move up in the LW rankings? or does this logic only applies to Conor?

I hope someone has the balls to ask Dana that question this week, Cowboy and Tony actually went through a weight cut in a short notice fight, I guess that shit was for nothing.

It is kind of a tradition in the lw division. Khabib kept on getting higher on the rankings while being injured And fat. Better to be fighting.

No..
Nope they won't earn 50 million for a fight either undisclosed or think about getting 80 mill there next fight after a loss

I say if he gets past Cowboy then hand him over to Usman for the lols

Just because Conor said it's a 155lb fight without cutting weight doesn't make it a LW fight. Fairly simple...if they weight 170 or so at the weigh ins, it's a WW fight.

Dana making it easy for Conor in his comeback...no stress or draining the body cutting to LW, gets to fight a guy who is past his prime and coming off a loss...I hope it doesn't backfire on Dana/Conor...

I won't be surprised if this fight sets a new precedent for weight cutting. You've got the biggest star in the sport demonstrating that it makes no sense for two equally-sized guys to cut 15 lbs each so that they're still equally-sized.

If Conor gets the unofficial "155 contested at 170" red panty title, I could see this having knock on effects for other fights.

Back