Will no longer be watching Nightmare fight

You think Diego made 100k for just the win bonus? That sounds wildly outrageous.
not sure how accurate, but someone in another thread posted that he was set to make 99/99...or thats what he had been making most recently

Nobody cheated. But continue clutching your pearls. I'll fetch your fainting couch while you manufacture more outrage.
technically......if he lied to an official in order to get a DQ win, IE said he couldnt see when he could, that would be cheating.....

Gsp uses to axe kick the stomach. I think if it does hit the head or testicles it's not a foul. But I am not sure. I feel very grey area here. And I know the rules lol

Okay, so maybe it's only soccer kicks or now "knees" only? I mean GSP v Serra 2 obviously knees to a downed opponent in the body were legal, maybe they still are and I'm thinking they aren't for some reason.

But soccer kicks to the body definitely aren't legal. So yeah a standing-flying-front flip axe kick basically, that certainly is a "gray area". I guess it's legal though.

if Peirera stopped fucking around and doing unnecessary backflips in the middle of his fight he may have been able to finish Diego before then. OR he should go and fight at middleweight/LHW where he belongs

Gsp uses to axe kick the stomach. I think if it does hit the head or testicles it's not a foul. But I am not sure. I feel very grey area here. And I know the rules lol
what rule would there be about a strike to the body on the ground? I dont think its a particularly smart move because theres a strong chance youre going to hit your opponent in the head when not done or landed correctly

what rule would there be about a strike to the body on the ground? I dont think its a particularly smart move because theres a strong chance youre going to hit your opponent in the head when not done or landed correctly
That's what I'm saying. But if it's considered somehow like the force of a 12-6 elbow it might be illegal. I just dont think it is though.

Okay, so maybe it's only soccer kicks or now "knees" only? I mean GSP v Serra 2 obviously knees to a downed opponent in the body were legal, maybe they still are and I'm thinking they aren't for some reason.

But soccer kicks to the body definitely aren't legal. So yeah a standing-flying-front flip axe kick basically, that certainly is a "gray area". I guess it's legal though.
Actually they are. I forget who did it on the contender series for the win but yep. Soccer kick to the ribs for the win. While dude was on all 4s.

Absolute disgraceful carry on.
Herzog and the doctor both said there was nothing wrong with the prick.

HE bare faced lied saying he couldn't see when it was only a small cut.

Disgusting antics.
Lol, what are you talking about? He got smoked in the head. Take a knee from that savage while on the ground & see if you can even stand-up. Taking shots is catch 22... When you're in sparring, you become desensitized despite it still killing brain cells. I can tell you've never sparred with such senseless comments.

1-Go to a boxing gym & take a jab to the face with no guard up. If you're still acting tough, I implore you to lie on the ground to take a knee at half speed to the forehead & see how you're feeling or if you can walk

2-Diego was concussed & went to the emergency room after

3-The reason that shot is illegal is because it can "kill" people. If you saw a guy knee a grounded person in the head while down in a street-fight, you're a bad person if you don't jump in to stop the madness

4-Diego has a family, fought til round 3 & took home an extra $100,000+ for winning by DQ. He did not make Pereira do anything. He did it on his own & those are the consquences

5-Have a little respect for guys going to battle with their lives & a crazy a-hole like Diego who's done it since Ultimate Fighter 1... I did not like his performance at all, but to say you'll never watch one of his fights again is 1-completely untrue, & 2-shows your level of ignorance

They’re legal to the body. Rockhold vs Costas.

113.gif

You think Diego made 100k for just the win bonus? That sounds wildly outrageous.
He made $98k+$98k to beat Micky Gall & $103k to lose to Michael Chiesa...

What's outrageous about it? 50%+ goes out the door to Management, Taxes & training... He's known around the world. If anything, he is under-paid.

Diego has absorbed more shots than any fighter in UFC history I believe at this point. Unless he's got some serious MANA power to counteract this, he may have some difficulties in the years that lie ahead. I sincerely hope not, but Diego earns ever dollar he gets & then some

They’re legal to the body. Rockhold vs Costas.

113.gif

Yeah for some reason I thought they made it illegal to kick downed opponents in the body. Idk why I thought that considering I know you can knee from side mount to a downed opponent in the body, etc.

It's only the head basically yeah

Yeah for some reason I thought they made it illegal to kick downed opponents in the body. Idk why I thought that considering I know you can knee from side mount to a downed opponent in the body, etc.

It's only the head basically yeah
It’s just not a common technique at all so people assume that you can’t use it.

It’s just not a common technique at all so people assume that you can’t use it.

Yeah I don't think many fighters are staying in turtle position without any resistance holding them...without then exploding up and out of it.

Just something I don't recall seeing much outside of Pride era or I guess Dream/One in recent years, but the latter might be actual soccer kicks to the head Roger Huerta type shit. I mean we have different rules in different states even under the UFC banner it's too much to keep track of if I'm not getting paid for it lol

I will continue watching him and fight and also will continue admiring Fabia from behind

blog_image_w_video_icon.jpg

technically......if he lied to an official in order to get a DQ win, IE said he couldnt see when he could, that would be cheating.....

Let everyone know what rule he broke.

Before you level a "cheating" accusation at anyone, make sure you know the rule that has been broken.

Let everyone know what rule he broke.

Before you level a "cheating" accusation at anyone, make sure you know the rule that has been broken.
it would fall under either the no engaging in unsportsmanlike conduct or the timidity rule regarding faking an injury....it doesnt take a genius to realize that even without looking into the rules.....

I never "leveled a cheating accusation" at anyone....I clearly said that if it what that other guy was saying was true, that would technically be a foul....which it would, in this case something nearly impossible to prove but the point was...lying to an official and misrepresenting/faking an injury is against the rules....

Back