Will Nick Diaz surprise Anderson Silva?

Diaz will smash the old man. I expect the stand up to really open some eyes about the former champ and how weak his division really was.

Of course I lost 6 bets betting against AS so what do I know.

How is Diaz overrated? Most people don't believe Diaz is going to beat Silva, but state - correctly - Diaz has excellent boxing and wonderful mean-mugging. Sounds about right, yes?

Flat footed, plodding, zero head movement. He has excellent HANDS, yes. And he's fantastic on the ground, as long as a strong top-control wrestler isn't holding his ass there. And he's a holy terror on mid-level guys and Japanese lightweights. And yeah, his mean-mugging is top shelf.

But he's fighting a real MW now. Even if AS has lost a step, it makes him only 10 above Nick.

Nick is now training with Artem Levin, who is a worldclass muay thai fighter,and has a similar style to Silva, that sad, I think Silva still beats him. Here is a pic :

http://instagram.com/p/xyKcjkNs87/?modal=true

Jesus fuck i didn't know who Levin was... googled and watched a few of his fights... the guy sure is talented, also tall as fuck for his weightclass, fast, technical and creative too, he throws everything but the kitchen sink.

What is pretty sure is if Diaz manages to handle Levin in the standup sparring (wich i doubt, and that is no knock on Diaz, Levin would probably easily besmirsch Silva in Muay Thai) then he will be fine.

The surprise would be if he didn't talk smack during the fight.

Artem Levin has some similarities to AS, good for Diaz to be training with him.
But it wont change much, to little time really.

I don't think there is anything Diaz can do to surprise Silva.

The only thing that could surprise Silva is the dramatic decline of his in ring abilities.

this ^

the only thing that is going to surprise the Spider is that Nick show up
:icon_twis

Weidman nuthuggers are hoping that Diaz can pull out a fluke win. Not gonna happen nut swingers! :icon_lol:

Yeah well Weidman could very well knock out Anderson one more time so i'd be quiet if i was you, nutthugger. xD

I've said it before, diaz has combos that go to the head and to the body and back to the head.

I wouldn't be suprised if diaz is secretly training his ass off for his fight

I'm worried. Nick will be attacking non stop and Anderson needs to find a way to counter because there will be no time for fooling around. This Isn't chin up Leben wading into fire. He won't be Condit waltzing away. I fully expect boxing Machida Diaz. Seriously expect kicks from Diaz to go with boxing.

I think he may. I worry about Silva's cardio and Nick is notoriously difficult to finish and has limitless cardio. I can see Silva doing Silva things and clowning around, failing to land the kill shot and then fatiguing while Diaz racks up 300 landed stockton slaps to a UD.

Silva is the clear favorite but the scenario above would not surprise me.

Back