Will Ngannou ever be HW GOAT since he lost to prime Stipe?

But Ngannou is much better now, so Stipe has one victory over a dangerous but still very green and inexperienced Ngannou. And Francis just iced at least a near-prime Stipe, so as it stands today, I think Francis owns the better victory of the two.
<36>

If he defends his belt like 10x, I'd consider him one of the GOAT's that's for sure. Especially if he beats Jones decisively.

He's almost 35, not enough time to put together such a streak. The HW that will eventually surpass Fedor will start doing work when young.

Francis has defeated 7 fighters people have even heard of.

You people really need to slow your roll on this shit.

Last edited:
He's almost 35, not enough time to put together such a streak. The HW that will eventually surpass Fedor will start doing work when young.

True, I'd say if he defends his title more than Stipe has. Than I'd consider him one of the HW GOAT's that's for sure.

Reactions: MCS
He's ducking Lewis right now. Not something a GOAT would do.

GOATs are required to have more than 2 rounds of cardio. So no, he'll never be GOAT beating washed fighters in an extremely weak division.

I doubt Ngannou can reign supreme over the HW division for ten years...

GOATs are required to have more than 2 rounds of cardio. So no, he'll never be GOAT beating washed fighters in an extremely weak division.
Ngaunnao would beat every fighter under heavyweight in 30 seconds he doesn’t need cardio to be the goat

It's a long hard road ahead for that, but it's possible.
If he can avenge his loss against Lewis he's in a good spot.

An avenged loss is not going to hurt his legacy too much. It had happened to GSP twice.

But getting 5 wins in a row is what makes it unlikely for Ngannou to be the UFC HW GOAT.

They can't be equal because Stipe couldn't finish a completely gassed Francis in 5 full rounds. Francis was arguably done after the 1st and was a zombie and Stipe still couldn't finish him. It took Francis less than two rounds to destroy Stipe and he dominated every aspect of that fight. Stipe is a great fighter, but those two wins are not equal.
No that is biased that you would use Ngannou’s weakness to justify that Stipe’s win was less dominant. Let me guess, Cain’s win against JDS in the rematch is less dominant because Cain couldn’t finish JDS while JDS was running out of gas and had no answer to his wrestling? Stipe dominated Ngannou in every aspect of the game for all five rounds whether it’d be striking or wrestling. Saying otherwise is just downright delusional.

Last edited:
Ngannou is pretty one dimensional but it's a hell of a dimension. Personally, I don't know if Ngannou is going to have a long reign. Seems tough to do at HW

Sure, he has some spots on his record, and some losses he shouldn’t have had. He still has the possibility to be among the greatest ufc HWs

the greatest HW of all time? Nah, not possible.

Back