Will Ngannou ever be HW GOAT since he lost to prime Stipe?

If he can go undefeated and rack up a long win streak, why not. Some may argue the level of competition is not the same as previous title holders. But its the HW division, its always fast changing.

He just needs a 4/5 win streak, which is possible.

I don't want to be rude but are you dense? You have no idea what you are arguing about. I made it clear twice already that Stipe didn't need to exploit any technical or mental weaknesses that Ngannou has after the first round because Ngannou was simply too gassed to do anything. Then you say you disagree but when I read the rest of your response, I can't tell what your point is.

You responded to my post originally with an argument that seemingly now wasnt counter to anything that I said so I'm not sure why your the one getting angry, on your way to a 4th account?

We can objectively say prime Stipe was better than Ngannou
He fought Prime Stipe and won. We just saw a better version of Ngannou is the 2nd fight, it wasn't a worst version of Stipe

The best versions of Stipe and Ngannou never lined up in a fight. Just how it played out. The Stipe loss won't hurt Ngannou's chances of being a HW goat. Just like how Stipe is currently the UFC HW goat despite his loss to Ngannou.

Francis can never be the HW goat until the division actually becomes decent. You've got overweight brawlers every fight card

You responded to my post originally with an argument that seemingly now wasnt counter to anything that I said so I'm not sure why your the one getting angry, on your way to a 4th account?
No, my response to your original argument has a clear point. I pointed out that your argument is only valid for the first round and not the entire fight. Your response to that however, had absolutely no purpose because you clearly couldn't comprehend what I said. If there's a chance I might have to create a fourth account, chances are, it will not be because of this.

No, my response to your original argument has a clear point. I pointed out that your argument is only valid for the first round and not the entire fight. Your response to that however, had absolutely no purpose because you clearly couldn't comprehend what I said. If there's a chance I might have to create a fourth account, chances are, it will not be because of this.

Well I do say that in my post don't I? I mention that Ngannou is badly gassed for most of the time after the 1st.

Again you responded to me originally disagreeing with my post.
Yeah which had a clear intent, something that your responses had none of. If you think having the last word will save your face, it won't because everyone on this thread can see that you had no clue what you were even arguing back about.

We can objectively say prime Stipe was better than Ngannou
We can objectively say that prime Miocic was better than rookie Ngannou. We cannot objectively say that prime Stipe beats prime Ngannou, even if you make it sound like that.

Sure. I would argue that he only needs to KO 3 more Title challengers(Lewis, Gane, Jones maybe), and he would easily be my personal UFC HW Goat.

Who cares , mms ismold enough that the term goat should not be used , only thing the topic does now is turn someones success into am argument now

Francis can never be the HW goat until the division actually becomes decent. You've got overweight brawlers every fight card

Both Gane and Volkov are not overweight bums but elite-level fighters. If Ngannou defends his title against the winner of these two it'll make his resume decent. Ngannou also beat Stipe who was champion and defeated Curtis Blades in his prime. Those two are nowhere near overweight brawlers. Derrick Lewis might be an overweight brawler but he's legit and defeated high-level fighters and went on decent streaks multiple times.

If Ngannou defends his title against Black Beast, Stipe, and winner of Gane/Volkov, he'll undoubtedly be in the goat discussion.

How? Stipe is 38 years old. He's near the end of his career with retirement being discussed since his rematch against Cormier. He's the same age as Cain Velasquez and almost two years older than Dos Santos. I would not be surprised if the Stipe we just saw get knocked out and outgrappled by the Ngannou we saw in the first fight.

Also, those two fights were both dominant wins in their own way. Stipe outstriked and completely dominated every single round of that fight. The second one, Stipe got knocked the fuck out after doing almost nothing before it. I'd say they are equal.
They can't be equal because Stipe couldn't finish a completely gassed Francis in 5 full rounds. Francis was arguably done after the 1st and was a zombie and Stipe still couldn't finish him. It took Francis less than two rounds to destroy Stipe and he dominated every aspect of that fight. Stipe is a great fighter, but those two wins are not equal.

We can objectively say that prime Miocic was better than rookie Ngannou. We cannot objectively say that prime Stipe beats prime Ngannou, even if you make it sound like that.
You’re not a rookie if you’re in your 30s and a favorite in a title matchup

Back