Will Movie Theatres Cease To Exist?

Ezekiel 25:17

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I remember thinking last year that when theatres begin to open up again, people will rush to them. That feeling of watching a movie on the big screen with a bag of popcorn in your hand was great. Boy was I wrong.

Looks like some people got so used to streaming movies out of the comfort of their own homes, they gave up on the experience.

Factor in the fear of getting covid, the money they are saving and sporadic closures. Is that experience quickly diminishing?

I understand also that there havent really been too many stellar productions as of late, but will better movies even make a difference at this point? Thoughts?

Movie audiences get more obnoxious each year.
2vBvwvn

I know less and less people who have been going and instead just stream or download what they wanna watch.

Streaming services already put movie rental places like Blockbuster out of business. With covid as an ally, theatres very well could be next.

Since they reopened around May.

Seen with my son-

No Time to Die
The Eternals
Spiderman
Dune
Shang Chi

Would have been more but couldn't get the time together due to work.

We went early showings when few people around and after the initial rush of people to see the new film. I may go on my next days off depending what is showing. We still want to watch Clifford together...I'm almost 50 , he's 17....lol...

I do enjoy the higher end theaters with the recliners, full kitchen and bar to enjoy a block buster.

The no frills places with shitty seats, no beer and your only option to eat is overpriced popcorn can close for all I care.

I think they might stick around in some capacity but won't be as large as they are now.
They are going to have to adapt.
I could see some films maybe having less showings and actually being presented in other venues like plays are but these huge multiplex theaters that only play movies are gonna probably fizzle out.

I fuckin hope not. But Hollywood also has to get back to putting out really good shit. Not just eye candy which some of these green screen films do have effects wise. But I need good stories too. Some ‘No Country For Old Men’ level stuff.

No and I think Spiderman sort of shut that down. People will still go for the right movie. Will some close down? Maybe. I still enjoy going every now and then but I also enjoy watching at home sometimes. I'd like the option to do both.

possibly. movie rental stores dissapeared. i can watch all movies online. Why would i go to a place to watch something i can see in my room?

No, but they’re going to be in a lull for a while and many will close as pandemic drags on.

The more people get comfortable being remote for their day to day activities, the more you’ll see interest jump in communal activities in the future. People will need more breaks from being at home if they’re going to be working more from home. We’ve probably passed peak streaming a little earlier because of the pandemic.

I think they might stick around in some capacity but won't be as large as they are now.
They are going to have to adapt.
I could see some films maybe having less showings and actually being presented in other venues like plays are but these huge multiplex theaters that only play movies are gonna probably fizzle out.

Perhaps. Someone else did mention the nicer, higher end venues which serve food and alcohol. Bring the goods right to you as you chill comfortably on your cushy, reclined seats. Maybe these will thrive while others lose business. Who knows.

I do agree that it probably will live on in some form.

Since they reopened around May.

Seen with my son-

No Time to Die
The Eternals
Spiderman
Dune
Shang Chi

Would have been more but couldn't get the time together due to work.

We went early showings when few people around and after the initial rush of people to see the new film. I may go on my next days off depending what is showing. We still want to watch Clifford together...I'm almost 50 , he's 17....lol...

That's actually pretty awesome that you guys still spend time together sir.

That's cool, hespect.

That's actually pretty awesome that you guys still spend time together sir.

That's cool, hespect.

It's kind of our thing. Both of us love films , much more than my wife or daughter . I mean we saw the trailer for Clifford and went ' I actually fancy that...'

Spiderman just made all the money ever invented, people still wanna go to the movies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back