Will Mousasi KO Munoz ?

if Munoz remembers how to wrestle he could make it a fight

eightball.jpg

I wouldn't count Muniz out in this fight. Of Munoz want to stay standing then he will probably get ko'd. Moose doesn't have the best tdd and Munoz is an accomplished wrestler and he has the skills to grind out a decision. Keep in mind, Moose has had a long layoff.

anyone who's watched Mous come up knows that he is a nail biter when it comes to betting. He's legit, great skills and confidence, but you wont see me putting money on him. i think it is his lackadaisical demeanor. dood looks as if he is in a half ass sparing match most of the time.

as for Munoz, i see Mous getting the decision nod. straight punches will be Munoz's downfall.

You're right. That guy doesn't have a clue about wrestling or what either guy has accomplished.

King Mo has accomplishments in wrestling Munoz couldn't achieve in his wildest dreams.

Good lord, excuse me. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch there. Mo's wiki page sucks providing his NCAA wrestling credentials. Munoz's is better.

As far as pure wrestling, no I'm not well versed on it. I have zero interest in it to be honest other than how it applies to MMA.

I'm rooting for Mousasi and I think he's going to win, but I'm amazed how people underestimate Munoz here.

His 2 recents losses were against Weidman and Machida, arguably the 2 best MW at the moment.

I'm rooting for Mousasi and I think he's going to win, but I'm amazed how people underestimate Munoz here.

His 2 recents losses were against Weidman and Machida, arguably the 2 best MW at the moment.

Munoz's losses just tend to stick in people's heads. When he loses, he tends to do so spectacularly.

I don't know if he will but Moose sure can. Not because he has Nelson or Hendricks' KO power but more because Munoz has increasingly been fighting with duct-taped chin. Which is rather unfortunate considering the sledge hammers he can throw.. If the Dutch dazes Mark with a clean one, he'll definitely finish The Wrecked Machine off. Sad fact to admit as a Munoz fan.

Good lord, excuse me. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch there. Mo's wiki page sucks providing his NCAA wrestling credentials. Munoz's is better.

As far as pure wrestling, no I'm not well versed on it. I have zero interest in it to be honest other than how it applies to MMA.

Comparing NCAA records? Do you know anything about wrestling? Mo competed in WORLD CUP, PAN AM, US CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Look at this:

Amateur wrestling

International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles
2007 Hargobind International Tournament Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist
2007 Alexander Medved International Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist
2007 Pan American Championships Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist
2007 World Cup Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist
2007 Takhti Cup Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist
2006 Golden Grand Prix Senior Freestyle Bronze Medalist
2006 Uzbekistan Independence Cup Golden Grand Prix Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist
2006 Yasar Dogu International Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist
2006 Dave Schultz Memorial International Open Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist
2005 Dave Schultz Memorial International Open Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist
2004 Clan International Championships Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist
2004 Dave Schultz Memorial International Open Senior Freestyle Bronze Medalist
2004 FILA Manitoba Open Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist
2003 Sunkist Kids International Open Senior Freestyle Bronze Medalist

USA Wrestling
USA Senior Freestyle National Championship (2005, 2006, 2008)
USA University Freestyle National Championship (2003)
2006 NYAC Christmas Championships Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist
2005 FILA World Team Trials Senior Freestyle Winner
2004 NYAC Christmas Championships Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist

National Collegiate Athletic Association
NCAA Division I All-American (2003)
Big 12 Conference Championship (2003)
NCAA Division II Collegiate Championship (2002)
NCAA Division II All-American (2001, 2002)

University Interscholastic League
UIL High School Texas State Championship (1999)
UIL High School All-State (1997, 1998, 1999)

Munoz resume is DIRT compared to Mo's:

Amateur wrestling

FILA Wrestling World Championships
FILA World Championships Junior Freestyle 178.5 1b - 5th place (1996)[26]
FILA World Championships Junior Freestyle 182.5 1b - 2nd place (1998)[27]
USA FILA Junior World Freestyle Championships
USA FILA Junior World Freestyle Championship 182.5 1b - Winner (1998)[28]

Collegiate wrestling

National Collegiate Athletic Association
NCAA Division I All-American (2000, 2001)
NCAA Division I 197 1b - 3rd place out of Oklahoma State University (2000)[29]
NCAA Division I 197 1b - Champion out of Oklahoma State University (2001)[30]

By your logic I'm a better gymnast than all of the current and past Olympic gymnasts if I had better NCCA records and scores than they did or if they never were NCAA gymnasts at all.

For fucks sake reading your post gave me a headache. Mark Munoz CANNOT hold a candle to King Mo credential wise. Also, Mark Munoz has some of the lowest Takedown accuracy in UFC history and is by far the worst wrestler in MMA with the most wrestling credentials.

He makes Ryan Bader's wrestling look like Ben Askren's.

NCAA is nowhere near in the same universe as World tournaments. Not even close.

If Mousasi doesn't KO Munoz then he may as well retire because he no longer will be relevant as a serious contender.

I hate to see Munoz get KO'd but I think that's how it may end.

Unfortunately, this is the likely scenario. Sad, because Munoz is such a nice guy.
He does have crazy power tho, so he will have a punchers chance against Moose.
As strong an amateur wrestler as Munoz was, it has never translated to MMA.
There is also the chance that Moose will just get the UD. He can tend to lack urgency or even a killer instinct at times.

edit: its a 5 round fight.

I think Moose wins by KO in the later rounds (4,5) or it goes the distance (which could go either way tbh).

If you even watch MMA and just listen to anyone talk about King Mo, you would know that he's wrestling is on a whoooole nother level compared to Munoz. You were basically just talking out of your ass.

Munoz was a NCAA D1 National Champion. Its understandable for somebody to assume that he is a top of the food chain wrester. No reason to berate this poster over and over again just because he didn't know how good a wrestler King Mo was.

Munoz was a NCAA D1 National Champion. Its understandable for somebody to assume that he is a top of the food chain wrester. No reason to berate this poster over and over again just because he didn't know how good a wrestler King Mo was.

Well, it's obvious he assumed Munoz was a top wrestler. The problem was that he corrected someone else for saying that that King Mo was a much better wrestler. His proof that Munoz was better at pure wrestling was to base it on his NCAA championship, with zero regard to research Mo's credentials. He was trying to be a smart ass talking out of his ass and he got called on that shit.

If he doesn't... good lord, that will look really bad on him. I like Munoz, but the dude is basically a walking punching bag.

Back