Will MMA fans turn on DC if he takes the belt?

Champs will always have their haters. However, I don't think DC (if he wins) will have anywhere near the number of haters that JBJ has. He fights clean and has a fairly likeable personality. Also, I do not see him making the kind of unprovoked media errors that Jones has made.

This....plus UFC 151 didn't help JBJ

I won't. I'm a fan of DC since I first saw him in Strikeforce. I think this fight can go a million different from quick stoppage win to exciting 5 round war, to borring UD in either direction. Even if he loses I will still not be a fan of Jones (though I respect and acknowledge he is a bad ass fighter) and be a fan of DC.

Not for me.

I'll become a fan if he beats Jones.

Never ever liked Jones.

Last edited:
Cormier beats Jones.

After post-fight interview Cain comes in to congratulate his partner and friend.

As he reaches in for the hug, DC scoops him up and slams him right on his head.

DC takes off his AKA shirt, turns it inside out to reveal a Nova Uniao logo.

Renan Barao, Jose Aldo, and JDS rush the cage and stomp out Cain.

nova World order. 4 lyfe.

Then as Rogan's interviewing DC, he tells the fans that they can stick it, brother.

They want Gus as champ. They could care two bits about Cormier and Cormier knows it himself and said so during the weigh in. Even he is coming around and is not fooled by the fake fans of him.

I don't remember Jon having barely any hate before he was champ. But having that belt puts a spotlight on you. You got a lot more attention and will have to speak a lot more.

Currently, I don't see much hate for DC on these boards. But holding that belt changes things. It will be interesting to see if DC takes the belt, if fans continue to love him or grow to hate him. So I ask those rooting for DC, are you really a Daniel Cormier fan or are you just rooting against Jones?

Personally, I like both guys and will still be a fan of both after they fight. Could go either way but I think Cormier takes it.

It was difficult to tell how much of an advantage his size and reach would be when he was busy crushing cans on the way to the top. I think that that is what makes him so unlikable to so many people. Fighting smaller fighters makes him look like a bully.

Maybe

DC even said that people cheer for him and don't even like him, they just hate jones.

I was actually firmly on the JBJ bandwagon before and when he beat Rua for the title. I think I even tweeted something about him being an inspirational character because he got the title at such a young age.

Fast forward a few fights and the interviews leading up to them, and I started to really dislike him. There was the 'go get some fans' -incident, and from there his facade just started to fall apart.

I felt a little betrayed to see his true colors, because I thought he was a humble dude. Now I actually root for his opponents on the regular. Doesn't mean that the same thing would happen with DC though, because he's a different personality.

I didn't start hating Weidman, Dillashaw, Cain, Werdum, JDS, Hendricks or any other dudes after they became the champ, so it's not a rule, at least for me. It does put you in the spotlight, and if you're a dick, it will show.
Hendricks is a dick tho.

Why? Pretty hard to find reasons to hate DC. On the other hand, it's insanely hard to find reasons to NOT hate Jones.

Cormier beats Jones.

After post-fight interview Cain comes in to congratulate his partner and friend.

We need a gif of hogan, hall, and nash with dc, barao, and aldo shooped over them doing this to cain shooped onto randy savage. :icon_lol:

Where's gspoab when you need him?

Cormier beats Jones.

This is a very old joke that has been recycled time and again on here.

And I NEVER get tired of it lol.

Love the image of them jumping him after. Maybe add some DC whipping Cain with the LHW belt while they are beating on him for good measure :D

Back