Will McGregor create a martial arts system like Bruce Lee?

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Conor has a well documented obsession with human movement. He is constantly working on his movement and looking for ways to enhance his fighting style. He even watches videos of animals to see how they move and if he can use any of these movements in his style. He also has a tireless work ethic and is always in the gym training and adding new things to his game. He trains so much that he has the keys to his gym to lock up at night because he is still training after everyone goes home. I think its possible we could be seeing the birth of the next great innovator in martial arts. I think he will create a completely unique style that totally changes the game. Ten years from now I think Conor McGregor will be considered a modern day Bruce Lee. What do you tink?

No, because Lee's philosophy cannot be improved upon. It is a constant state of evolution. He could carry on that philosophy.

"Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system."

I think in 50 years teenage boys will have posters of Conor on their walls.

#McGoat, greatest great of all time

Conor has a well documented obsession with human movement. He is constantly working on his movement and looking for ways to enhance his fighting style. He even watches videos of animals to see how they move and if he can use any of these movements in his style. He also has a tireless work ethic and is always in the gym training and adding new things to his game. He trains so much that he has the keys to his gym to lock up at night because he is still training after everyone goes home. I think its possible we could be seeing the birth of the next great innovator in martial arts. I think he will create a completely unique style that totally changes the game. Ten years from now I think Conor McGregor will be considered a modern day Bruce Lee. What do you tink?

you asked the question backwards

will bruce lee create a system of martial arts like conor

obviously since bruce lee is asian. no

Connor actually traveled back in time and GAVE Bruce Lee his system, so Bruce Lee's system is actually Connor's system.

Conor doesn't seem half as perceptive or innovative as Bruce Lee.

I'm sorry.... did I say half? LOL. Must be feeling generous.

Conor basically already has the same philosophy as Bruce Lee, they both have the idea to learn from every martial art and to use certain tools when there is an opening. I don't think there is much more to expand on than learning from all styles, but having no specific style.

Bruce Lee didn't create a system, he created a philosophy. Conor actually follows the same philosophy and is hugely inspired by him. So no he's not creating anything new but he's definitely like a breath of fresh air to mma.

Tall order. Bruce Lee equals the pinnacle of thought in modern martial arts. An intellectual and fighter. Conor lacks the former, but he got potential to evolve quite far.

Let's just see him becoming champion first. What happens if he loses to Siver?

What is this shit?

McGregor is good, but he hasn't created anything original.

"martial arts system like Bruce Lee"

You don't know wtf you're talking about, do you?

To paraphrase Mike Meyers

Ireland already has an indigenous martial arts system it's called Fuk U! It is mostly head butting then kicking people when they are on the ground.

It was too deadly for the unified rules.

Back