Will Mayweather buy the UFC?

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I have heard that he is interested in buying the UFC. Do you think that is a wise business decision and is MMA on a upward trajectory or on the decline?

Care to post something other than "what you heard".

Nah he can make his own and call it mayweather mma

As rich as Mayweather is, I doubt he could afford to buy out Zuffa.

Lame attempt at starting a made up rumor

Floyd couldn't afford to buy it out, and why would the billionaire Fertittas sell it anyway? its not like they need the money lol

He made a lot of money, somewhere in the hundreds of millions which is NOWHERE near the amount you'd need to buy the UFC (multiple billions). He could be a part of a group that buys the UFC, but I don't know why Zuffa would sell it yet.

I've heard that Mayweather was going to buy Rizin.

Perhaps in the future if he wins it from McGregor in a game of backgammon

mayweather is damn rich, but he can't afford the UFC. If he saved every penny he has ever made and never spent any of it, he still wouldn't have anywhere near enough to buy the UFC.

Ohhh that would be awesome!!! I'd love for Mayweather to buy the company, but keep it under wraps. Then I want a live broadcast of Conor getting called into the "new bosses" office, and BOOM there's little old Mayweather sitting behind the desk like...
O87Whenry8eeA.gif

Doubt it. Could see him dabbling in mma with mayweather promotions but not investing a huge amount of money.

He would need a lot more money than he actually has, Lorenzo wiping his butt with Mayweathers net worth.

I have heard that he is interested in buying the UFC. Do you think that is a wise business decision and is MMA on a upward trajectory or on the decline?
mayweather is getting bored in retirement.

He made a lot of money, somewhere in the hundreds of millions which is NOWHERE near the amount you'd need to buy the UFC (multiple billions). He could be a part of a group that buys the UFC, but I don't know why Zuffa would sell it yet.

I love the childish assumption people always make in these conversations too that if some entity has the money then it's up to them if they buy it or not. Even if Floyd (and in other threads it was Viacom) have enough to buy the UFC, that doesn't mean the Ferrtitas are going to sell it to them. I HAVE enough money to go buy my neighbors car, but he doesn't have to sell it to me on the grounds that I can afford it

Back