Will Manhoef ever make it to the UFC?

Would have said no before the Fitch/Shields/Okami cuts, if they want entertainment bring back Manhoef, the guy put Hunt to sleep and id back him in a rematch if Lawlor stood with him again.

Melvin vs Cung Le is a dream fight for stand up fans. And I think a winable one for Melvin. He could KO a lot of UFC fighters from Hw down if they stood with him, problem is everyone knows he has no groundgame, uncomparibally bad at that level.

I wonder what he gets paid fighting for Glory. If it's not a ridiculous amount, I don't see why the UFC shouldn't sign him. He's built like an action figure and has won 26/28 fights on KO - pretty much possess everything that's easy to sell to the mainstream fans (as well as hardcore). He may not be top #15 caliber, but throw him in against some TUF guys and let him knock them out (or get knocked out). His fight with Lawler was awesome, those leg kicks were nasty, too bad he f'ed up and got himself knocked out.

Probably not. For whatever reason I feel like Dana/UFC holds guys to higher standards on whether to sign them or not if they're already a known name beforehand. It's really annoying.

Guys like Manhoef, Askren, Newell, etc should be much more justified signings then some of the no-name prospects they pick up. I don't know why the UFC wouldn't jump on guys who already have an established name over some of the random prospects they sign.

Money obviously lol

I would love some Melvin Manhoef in the UFC. Always exciting and a great dude!

But oh well he is 0-4 in kickboxing and 1-2 in his last mma fights. It wont be good for him to be fighting in the UFC.

Back