Will Manhoef ever make it to the UFC?

khonnell

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Always exciting, has the ability to knock literally anybody out and has a big fan base. I for one would love to see Melvin square up against Wanderlei or Rockhold.

If it was gonna happen, it would have by now.

He's exciting to watch, lots of fun fights for him in the UFC. His grappling flaws would cost him against the top 10 at 185/170.

Would have happened by now, but you never know. There have been guys that have been signed very late

If it was gonna happen, it would have by now.

Look at Overeem, he's been on the scene for much longer than Melvin and he's only been with the UFC for just over two years. I like to believe we'll see Manhoef eventually. I don't really see him as a legitimate threat to the title because of elite grapplers like Jacare and Weidman. However, he'd always bring it and would be a great addition to the roster.

May not be the best mixed martial artists but i'll never forget watching Lawler's leg everytime he kicked him would love to see him do that to some of the entry lvl guys in the UFC

He's 38. Should have signed him 5 years ago

Look at Overeem, he's been on the scene for much longer than Melvin and he's only been with the UFC for just over two years. I like to believe we'll see Manhoef eventually. I don't really see him as a legitimate threat to the title because of elite grapplers like Jacare and Weidman. However, he'd always bring it and would be a great addition to the roster.

Overeem came is at 31. Melvin is currently 38. He is also 1-2 in his last 3. Plus, he seems to be fighting in Glory. I'd say it's unlikely he gets into the UFC.

Probably not. For whatever reason I feel like Dana/UFC holds guys to higher standards on whether to sign them or not if they're already a known name beforehand. It's really annoying.

Guys like Manhoef, Askren, Newell, etc should be much more justified signings then some of the no-name prospects they pick up. I don't know why the UFC wouldn't jump on guys who already have an established name over some of the random prospects they sign.

Probably not. For whatever reason I feel like Dana/UFC holds guys to higher standards on whether to sign them or not if they're already a known name beforehand. It's really annoying.

Guys like Manhoef, Askren, Newell, etc should be much more justified signings then some of the no-name prospects they pick up. I don't know why the UFC wouldn't jump on guys who already have an established name over some of the random prospects they sign.

I think Melvin wants more cash than the random prospects

melvin isn't active enough in MMA to make it to the UFC. he once showed that he was improving his takedown defense, then he's inactive for a year. he's also getting up there in age. his best shot is to take more MMA fights and be ready for a late replacement fight on a british card. it might help if melvin stays at 170. crazy to think of that guy cutting to 170.

I doubt it, Melvin probably has had that chance come and pass. Always like watching him though, I would be excited about it.

May not be the best mixed martial artists but i'll never forget watching Lawler's leg everytime he kicked him would love to see him do that to some of the entry lvl guys in the UFC

Yeah, yeah!.... and then Lawler punched Manhoef in the face and Manhoef fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes and then Robbie punched him again and he stiffened up like a board.... that was awesome.

Melvin vs Lombard. I've had this fantasy in my head for awhile

I'd shell out up to 1,000 u s dollars PPV (I'm not shitting) just to see them fight. Make it happen World organizations.

Stipulation would be unlimited rounds of 3 minute flurries - no decision, no sub attempts.

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah!.... and then Lawler punched Manhoef in the face and Manhoef fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes and then Robbie punched him again and he stiffened up like a board.... that was awesome.

Manhoef can KO any person on the planet so no worries.

Back