Will LOMA Implode & Beg Arum for Undisputed against Mikey like USYK/Ukraine?

GolovkinGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When Lomachenko unifies with Pedraza, then it leaves M. Garcia vs Loma, a higher P4P narrative than Spence vs Crawford. Surely Loma wants to follow Usyk’ lead in acquiring all 4 belts. Mikey Garcia is a bigger challenge than Gassiev too...

If Arum claims that Al needs to call him for TC vs Spence and that it’s the only fight he wants to talk about, will he be as tenacious for Mikey vs Loma “must happen” too and that Al needs to call him?

How much does Arum really want Undisputed for Lomachenko? Or Lomachenko wanting 4 belts like Usyk?

When Lomachenko unifies with Pedraza, then it leaves M. Garcia vs Loma, a higher P4P narrative than Spence vs Crawford. Surely Loma wants to follow Usyk’ lead in acquiring all 4 belts. Mikey Garcia is a bigger challenge than Gassiev too...

If Arum claims that Al needs to call him for TC vs Spence and that it’s the only fight he wants to talk about, will he be as tenacious for Mikey vs Loma “must happen” too and that Al needs to call him?

How much does Arum really want Undisputed for Lomachenko? Or Lomachenko wanting 4 belts like Usyk?
Good thing is Mikey is with Schaefer and isnt tied to PBC/Al/Showtime, It can very well happen on ESPN

Arum would have to co-promote, just like how he did last night with Teiken Promotions and Greg Cohen Promotions, and would probably end up on ESPN

Arum has worked with rival promoters and dealt with fighters that he certainly didn't want to work with for Loma already. In fact, for Loma's last two fights that's been the case. Arum will want Loma to re-sign with Top Rank in the Spring of 2020 when his contract is up. If he tries to block the Garcia fight then he can forget Loma staying with Top Rank.

Bob said just yesterday in an interview that he talks to Mikey's brother/trainer Robert “all the time” and just did. To paraphrase, he then went on to say that Mikey can fight Loma with no strings attached if Mikey wants that fight next year. They want the fight in 2019, Loma wants it next, and it would be on PPV. Mikey would have a guarantee and a percentage of the PPV and gate. Is Mikey willing to risk his 0 to fight Loma? Like Bob said, it takes two to tango.

Here's the latest on the topic from Arum
[timestamped]

Arum has worked with rival promoters and dealt with fighters that he certainly didn't want to work with for Loma already. In fact, for Loma's last two fights that's been the case. Arum will want Loma to re-sign with Top Rank in the Spring of 2020 when his contract is up. If he tries to block the Garcia fight then he can forget Loma staying with Top Rank.

Bob said just yesterday in an interview that he talks to Mikey's brother/trainer Robert “all the time” and just did. To paraphrase, he then went on to say that Mikey can fight Loma with no strings attached if Mikey wants that fight next year. They want the fight in 2019, Loma wants it next, and it would be on PPV. Mikey would have a guarantee and a percentage of the PPV and gate. Is Mikey willing to risk his 0 to fight Loma? Like Bob said, it takes two to tango.

Here's the latest on the topic from Arum
[timestamped]

Mikey sized up on Lomachenko. He said it’s what the “fans want.”

When Loma beats Pedraza, they will either give him a narrative to say in the post fight or not. Let’s see if he says he wants Mikey next. Mikey already has 2 belts.

Good thing is Mikey is with Schaefer and isnt tied to PBC/Al/Showtime, It can very well happen on ESPN

Arum would have to co-promote, just like how he did last night with Teiken Promotions and Greg Cohen Promotions, and would probably end up on ESPN
Mikey is a free agent. However, he works with Richard Schaefer on a fight-by-fight basis. Schaefer promotes fighters that are advised by Haymon and that includes Mikey. Mikey isn't part of the PBC roster but he is advised by Al Haymon.

Mikey sized up on Lomachenko. He said it’s what the “fans want.”

When Loma beats Pedraza, they will either give him a narrative to say in the post fight or not. Let’s see if he says he wants Mikey next. Mikey already has 2 belts.
There's a specific reason why Loma moved up to Lightweight, the same division Mikey campaigns in as a titleholder. It wasn't to give up physical advantages in order to handicap himself against fighters that won't help build his legacy. Now, if Mikey can't even reach an agreement with his IBF mandatory (Commey) then I'm not optimistic at all about him doing so with Lomachenko. Luke Campbell is also waiting in the wings as Mikey's WBC mandatory (he may be willing to step aside to fight the winner). Mikey should fulfill his obligation to the IBF (which he knew about before he even took the Easter Jr. fight) while Loma handles Pedraza in their title unification bout. He chose to call out Spence and not fight him, therefore, he can fight Loma instead and give us fans what we want, as he promised.

3 days ago
IBF Call Purse Bids For Garcia vs Commey After Garcia Fails To Sign Contract
Yesterday
Garcia vs Commey appears headed back to purse bid

Maybe if Garcia gets knocked out in his next couple of fights or something. Arum won't risk Lomachenko against anyone with a shot of beating him.

Maybe if Garcia gets knocked out in his next couple of fights or something. Arum won't risk Lomachenko against anyone with a shot of beating him.
This might make sense if Loma had his 0 to protect and he had more fights left on his contract with Top Rank. Do we know anybody that does have their 0 at Lightweight that's another titleholder? It looks to me like Loma invaded Mikey's division and did exactly what he said he'd do by moving up again. I'm just trying to figure out who it would be that he moved up for? I guess he had nobody in mind then.

Last edited:
This might make sense if Loma had his 0 to protect and he had more fights left on his contract with Top Rank. Do we know anybody that does have their 0 at Lightweight that's another titleholder? It looks to me like Loma invaded Mikey's division and did exactly what he said he'd do by moving up again. I'm just trying to figure out who it would be that he moved up for? I guess he had nobody in mind then.
If Lomachenko loses, all his mystique goes out the window.

Even if that is the case Lomachenko wants the Garcia fight. He'll leave Arum to get that fight if he has too. Arum knows this which is why he'll have to give Lomachenko the fight he wants in the end.

Even if that is the case Lomachenko wants the Garcia fight. He'll leave Arum to get that fight if he has too. Arum knows this which is why he'll have to give Lomachenko the fight he wants in the end.
he still has 3 years left on his contract doesn't he? He can't just leave Arum and fight, not sure if he has a buyout or not, and even if he does, not sure he can afford it.

he still has 3 years left on his contract doesn't he? He can't just leave Arum and fight, not sure if he has a buyout or not, and even if he does, not sure he can afford it.
His contract ends spring 2020. So yes he has a while to wait but it would be silly of Bob to prevent Loma from fighting Garcia because he will leave Arum when his contract does come to an end. Lomachenko will still be force in a couple of years.

I'm not convinced that Arum and Garcia can work together, but at the same time, Lomachenko isn't Pacquiao circa 2009-2012. He's nowhere near as accomplished as Pacquiao was, he doesn't have a lot of guys around his weight to fight, let alone names around his weight to fight, and he doesn't have a big enough name to make considerable amount against mediocrities. For these reasons, I can see Arum being much more willing to work with Garcia and give a little ground in negotiation (still, it's Arum so you never know). Hopefully Garcia and his team focus on making the fight and forget about fighting WWs.

lol. yeah right. Lomachenko leaving Bob Arum? I wonder how much it'd cost or who would fork up the loot to get Loma out of his contract. If Loma did make headlines to he is looking to buy himself out of the contract without any Top Rank legal difficulties I'd give him mad credit. But let's be realistic, almost every fighter that has tried to get out of Arum's contract has at most delayed their career. I'm more than sure, Arum the technical lawyer, does some shady ass stuff in the contracts should you decide to leave. Keep in mind, it makes Arum look bad to ESPN and their dedicated schedule surrounding Lomachenko, so it's not that easy, and if you cross Arum, he knows people industry that would blacklist Loma should it get ugly to lose Top Rank money.

I agree with you in the sense that the best thing is for Lomachenko to get the fight with Mikey Garcia. Both fighters deserve it, it's great for boxing, and imo, a breath of fresh air because talking about Wilder vs AJ or Spence vs Crawford is getting boring tbh...

lol. yeah right. Lomachenko leaving Bob Arum? I wonder how much it'd cost or who would fork up the loot to get Loma out of his contract. If Loma did make headlines to he is looking to buy himself out of the contract without any Top Rank legal difficulties I'd give him mad credit. But let's be realistic, almost every fighter that has tried to get out of Arum's contract has at most delayed their career. I'm more than sure, Arum the technical lawyer, does some shady ass stuff in the contracts should you decide to leave. Keep in mind, it makes Arum look bad to ESPN and their dedicated schedule surrounding Lomachenko, so it's not that easy, and if you cross Arum, he knows people industry that would blacklist Loma should it get ugly to lose Top Rank money.

I agree with you in the sense that the best thing is for Lomachenko to get the fight with Mikey Garcia. Both fighters deserve it, it's great for boxing, and imo, a breath of fresh air because talking about Wilder vs AJ or Spence vs Crawford is getting boring tbh...
Lomachenko signed a five year contract with Top Rank back in 2015 around April. So by 2020 April he'll be out of his contract or are you saying that Bob will have some small print which stops Lomachenko from leaving him?

Lomachenko signed a five year contract with Top Rank back in 2015 around April. So by 2020 April he'll be out of his contract or are you saying that Bob will have some small print which stops Lomachenko from leaving him?

Bob Arum is a piece of shit. He ''Owns'' fighters the same ways Jewish owners run the NBA. like some secret zionist illuminati of Moguls which I'm sure exists in some secret penthouse gatherings in Manhattan... I remember that Director who did Requiem For A Dream was going to do a fictional piece of some sorts ala Stanley Kubrick but he was threatened by some rogue crews and the project never happened. and that Director's forte is very pro-Jewish messages ever since his first Pi (math) film. did you ever read about that Dutch filmmaker who wanted to do some documentary on Islam or Muhammad or some shit and the dude got murked..

anyhow, did you forget that in the last 2 years there's been drama with Arum and Pacquiao about their contracts? It's not that easy, Arum will find a way to join contracts that have no relation to another contract. For instance his 7 year deal with ESPN, who knows what details are in there aside from a fighter's main contract. what's even more revealing is Pac signing with Al Haymon. many casuals don't see the relevance in that, but for many boxing fans who have followed Manny for more than 10+ years can tell you ''that's some straight interesting shit!?'' How does Pac have a 20million dollar debt to the IRS? You'd think Top Rank would've handled that for Manny, and this goes all the way back to Manny fighting in Asia since Rios.... like I said, Arum is a piece of shit...

Bob Arum clarified on Saturday that the contract between Filipino ring icon Manny Pacquiao’s and his Top Rank Promotion has not expired yet. On Friday, Pacquiao told The Manila Times that his MP Promotion would be promoting his June 24 fight in Malaysia against World Boxing Association welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse of Argentina.

But Arum said that Top Rank Promotion would remain involved in promoting Pacquiao’s fights whether it is against Matthysse or not.
“I can’t go on with it (details of contract). All I’m saying is that he is under contract with Top Rank for reasonably long period of time but I don’t know exactly when the contract will expire.” - Arum

Back