Will Lawler Survive Miesha's Nightmare Scenario ?

ff

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
this Sunday we gonna have a welterweight title fight , this division has always been kind to us when it comes to title fights that stuck in the memory ..

MMA fans have been whining about Tyron Woodley getting a title shot & they're right Maia & Wonderboy deserve it more but for the sake of the fans this is a better match up ..

surprisingly this is the way for Tyron Woodley to win this fight (by striking vs Lawler) .

- Robbie Lawler has 67% TD Def which should cancel Tyron Woodley wrestling .

- In the last four fights Robbie Lawler's Str. Def has been a little bit sloppy as he was getting hit easily by his opponents which created a total amount of 455 significant strikes for an average of 113.75 per fight .

- Tyron Woodley is very decent when it comes to striking power & counter striking but looking at his gas tank he must do it within two rounds .

on the the other hand Robbie Lawler has been in five rounds wars & he always get better in the last two rounds , Robbie should have an easy game plane which should lead to an easy win :

*defend the TD (should be easy for him)
*be careful in the first two rounds & make him miss .
*unleash the animal in the middle of the third round .

# in my prediction i think Woodley will win the title with a 2nd round TKO similar to what Amanda did to Miesha at UFC200 ..

I can't remember the last time a champion that defended his belt already that is always picked against lol

Robbie proves me wrong every fight

I agree with your analysis because I have said the same. Woodley can't win this fight by wrestling Lawler for 5 rounds. He needs a stoppage in the first couple rounds and he just might get it.

Lawler is a berserker but Woodley is very fast and explosive, packs a lot of power...
Definitely has the chance to knock him out if he can land a proper (counter) hook in the 2 first rounds while his gas tank is still full ...
After that this fight is all Lawler's

T wood looked like crap against Mac
And we all saw what lawler did to Mac

I know mma math doesn't always work but I gotta go with Robbie on this one

Robbie doesn't gas? He takes whole rounds off to conserve energy. Did it both Hendricks fights, against Rory, and against Condit.

My gut feeling tells me that Robbie will take Woodley's soul come Saturday night.

Lawler brings other people into a nightmare scenario when they fight him

Lawler brings other people into a nightmare scenario when they fight him

Rory agree with you

images

Tyron hasn't that much power on his hands, I don't know where the idea comes from
He only KO a very old version of Kos, who has been KO'd IIRC three times in that row
The Dong put himself in a very stupid position and almost any shot he would have received would ended in a knockdown at that moment

I don't see Lawler being KO'd in this fight, but stranger things have happened in recent title fights so I'm not sure of anything lok

I don't know. Tyron is a black dude so he might gas before it gets to the second round.

Woodley will blitz until Robbie touches him, then he goes for TD.

If he gets AND keeps Robbie down, Robbie may be in trouble as Woodley will go for the fake flurry GnP stoppage.

If Lawler doesn't wilt and/or the ref isn't a clown, Woodley will gas.

Both will sleep through Rd 2.

Woodley will enter rd 3 w/ 75 -79% stamina; Robbie will enter w/ 87 - 92 %

At this point it's game over for Woodley.

I know because I used to play a lot of UFC on Dreamcast.

I think woodley gets KO'd he packs a lot of power but doesn't throw combinations and tries to throw one big punch and then get out.

I can't remember the last time a champion that defended his belt already that is always picked against lol

Robbie proves me wrong every fight
How does he prove you wrong? He loses but is gifted a decision over and over. He's the weakest champ by far it's no wonder people pick against him.

Back