will kimbo have to shave his beard ?

StompHisFace**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
as the title states ..... will he have to shave his beard before he boxes ???? ive read that than cannot be to long ..... so will the famous beard have to be cut or not ?

Most probably, yes.

I remember reading somewhere that Sikh and Muslim boxers in the UK were complaining about that rule since it goes against their religious beliefs (Sikhs are supposed to maintain beards as per the guidelines of their Holy Book).
Unfortunately, the local Boxing Commissions wouldn't hear of it.

Since they wouldn't make an exception for religious reasons, I can't see them making an exception for Kimbo.

Most probably, yes.

I remember reading somewhere that Sikh and Muslim boxers in the UK were complaining about that rule since it goes against their religious beliefs (Sikhs are supposed to maintain beards as per the guidelines of their Holy Book).
Unfortunately, the local Boxing Commissions wouldn't hear of it.

Since they wouldn't make an exception for religious reasons, I can't see them making an exception for Kimbo.

thanks mister t ! i have something for you man !

37683_143763482303235_100000087531600_413973_2605647_n.jpg

I really think it depends on the commission. I know some pros who dont shave, but then again its not big like Kimbo's. Casamayor did look kinda funny against Katsidis without the beard though

I don't follow boxing so this is the first I have heard of Kimbo boxing. Is this set in stone as in a signed contract?

I don't follow boxing so this is the first I have heard of Kimbo boxing. Is this set in stone as in a signed contract?

I don't know if its signed or not but he is suppose to be boxing. I havnt heard of an opponent yet.

you can have a beard in boxing as long as its not as long as kimbos

john ruiz and in the 90's roberto duran used to box with beards

honestly it's a good question for someone who is unfamiliar with the sport and I can say that Kimbo most certainly will have to shave his beard.

I thought he would have to shave. I've seen some boxers with small beards but nothing like kimbos. I'm pulling for kimbo. I know he aint gonna contend or anything but he is a very likable character and will always be a draw. That's why people hate on him so much that someone with his skillset has the drawing power he does. Whether people like it or not he was in the most watched mma fight of all time. LoL kimbo vs james thompson. But I like him I hope he does well. He is gonna look funny without the beard though. Why doesnt mma have the same rule about the beard ?

People will start calling him Kevin Ferguson if he shaves that thing.

I went straight to the best source I could and found what the NSAC rules about facial hair.

The Commission’s representative shall determine whether head or facial hair presents any hazard to the safety of the unarmed combatant or his opponent or will interfere with the supervision and conduct of the contest or exhibition. If the head or facial hair of an unarmed combatant presents such a hazard or will interfere with the supervision and conduct of the contest or exhibition, the unarmed combatant may not compete in the contest or exhibition unless the circumstances creating the hazard or potential interference are corrected to the satisfaction of the Commission’s representative.

So, in all honesty its up to the Commission to decide if the beard is to long or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back