Will Kevin Lee/RDA show up at 165 tomorrow?

Which fighters will show up at 165 pounds tomorrow?

• Total voters
I wanted to vote for Fighter Kevin Lee but couldn't find him in the poll....oh maybe next time.

I don't think either fighter shows at 165.

If Lee wants to make a statement, then he should show at 165 and kick some ass, proclaim himself 165 champ and challenge others to come n get it. Make it his shtick.

Kevin Lee seemed to be trying to unofficially make the fight happen at 165lbs, to give the winner a headstart at the potential weight class in the future and to get the media to keep talking about the weight class to increase the likelihood of adding it.

I never saw RDA respond on of he accepted the 165 proposal from Lee.

So prediction time will either fighter show up at 165 tomorrow?
I saw a headline today quoting RdA saying no deals with the enemy. Don't blame him since it could be a trick, but not suggesting Kevin Lee is dirty. Big respect to Kevin for appreciating his mom, dad, bros and bringing them out of the bad neighborhood and with him to Nevada for a better life.

I watched the ESPN+ "Countdown" Part 1 and while assembling a basketball goalpost, they almost dropped it on a nice new Camaro.

RDA can't make 165. He is fully committed to 170 and he has already bulked for the division.

Shows weakness cuz Lee about to get his ass eaten whole after winning 1st maybe even 2nd round. He better finish that shit quickly before round 4 begins or Lee will quit and be devoured. He may lose every round. RDA fighting for his kids coming off two losses he's not fucking around. Lee is simply not tough enough to beat a motivated RDA already acclimated to 170. That's just the way it is. 3 rounds might be a different story.. over 5.. he doesn't have what it takes to beat RDA over 25.

Kevin Lee seemed to be trying to unofficially make the fight happen at 165lbs, to give the winner a headstart at the potential weight class in the future and to get the media to keep talking about the weight class to increase the likelihood of adding it.

I never saw RDA respond on of he accepted the 165 proposal from Lee.

So prediction time will either fighter show up at 165 tomorrow?
I for one don't really understand why the UFC is SO against a 165lb division. It gives them another division to fill cards with, another champion to promote, another champion to headline cards and the potential to have another breakout star. Imagine if the UFC never adopted the 145 lb. division and we never got McGregor at 145? Love him or hate him, he made the UFC a shitload of money, which is largely due to his success at 145. If 145 never existed, McGregor entering at 155 more then likely never would have become the star he was.

Imagine all the 155ers that are too big for 155 and have a rough cut but would be just too small at 170. Imagine all the 170ers that are undersized at 170, but too big for 155. There's a chance for guys to move into their more natural weight class, therefore performing better, equaling better fights. Not to mention the reduced weight cutting for the larger 155ers, helping promote fighter safety.

Lastly, if the UFC wants to keep WMMA, which apart from the top end of each divison, are INCREDIBLY thin, why are they so against a 165 men's division?

Yeah, it would thin out 155 and 170 a little bit, but 155 is absolutely stacked. Thinning out 170 could be a concern, but does that outweigh the positives?

Back