Media Will Kevin Lee finally take Khabib up on his offer if he gets past Iaquinta?

Has Islam asked for top 10 guys? Not 5 because he doesn't deserve that yet. I'm not shitting on him, but has he asked for top10 guys on record?
Of course. He's asked for Ferg and Lee. He's not even willing to take a fight if it's not Top 15 minimum. Khabib and Abdulnap did not accept his last fight because the UFC did not give him a ranked opponent.

"About this fight. I don’t know what happened, UFC made and canceled this fight by themselves, I didn’t sign any papers. I plan to fight somewhere in February against a top 15 opponent, as promised by Dana White @danawhite."

Lee ducking Islam is the same as Khabib ducking the Tibau rematch. Let's get Islam to fight more than twice a year and a top 10 guy first, before he starts calling out people far beyond his level.
Tibau is not even in the UFC anymore.<{walkerwhut}>

Islam starched him in the first round.

Exactly. Neither guy deserves it.
Yeah let's not give our 16-1 best prospects Top 10 opponents.
<YeahOKJen>

Islam will be on the top of the division soon enough now that Khabib runs shit don't worry. Only reason Lee is even in the position he's in is because he hasn't fought Islam yet. Otherwise he'd already be behind him in terms of rank because not as good anywhere and would get dominated.

lol Wtf? Lee has been calling for the Khabib fight for years, but yeah he doesn't want any part of his not ranked/less talented/less valuable "brother".

Edit: forgot my quotation marks.

Last edited:
Make Keith Lee vs. Islam. Let the 'brothers' fight.

Last edited:
Better than Lee in all aspects of MMA: Striking, Cardio, Heart, Grappling, Wrestling.

Lee has been ducking Islam for years now.

method=get&s=mayhem-miller-08-21-10-2-17-4-948.jpg

Only one way to find out who’s better.. knuckle up boys

Yeah let's not give our 16-1 best prospects Top 10 opponents.
<YeahOKJen>

Islam will be on the top of the division soon enough now that Khabib runs shit don't worry. Only reason Lee is even in the position he's in is because he hasn't fought Islam yet. Otherwise he'd already be behind him in terms of rank because not as good anywhere and would get dominated.
{<huh}
I just said multiple times to give him top 10 opponents. Relax bro :p, I'm not against Islam, but let him beat at least one before we throw him at the top 5.

He has no claim to challenge a top 5 guy aside from what him, his fans and his team mates believe he can do. And that might true, but let the guy make beat one top 10 guy first.

You keep regurgitating the same rhetoric about Lee not being good enough based on nothing but what you think Islam can do. At least Lee has some top 10 wins unlike Islam. I have no qualms with Islam fighting Lee or any top 5 guy, but if you can look past your fandom for a second you'll see that he isn't deserving of it yet.

Last edited:
I’d back Kevin Lee to beat Khabib because there’s value to be had there. Can’t see how he loses that one tbh. A staph infected Lee was seconds away from finishing Ferguson—lest we forget; not that I’m applying mmath here, but that’s how big, strong and good he is. Oh he’s annoying as well, but that shouldn’t hinder his chances...

Islam is where Lee was two years ago. He doesnt get to skip the line, he needs to climb the ladder. Im sure he's trying to and is looking for bigger fights but it needs to actually happen.

seems all dagestani rats get to jump the line.

they hardly ever fight, are injured, or cant make weight.

but feel entitled to fight the top guys, but wont, when they actually have to do it.

I wonder what dirt they have on dana?

don't get me wrong, they have skills, no doubt.

but I could care less about their record outside the ufc. they been fighting no name bums in Russia.

give this kid micheal chiesa or pettis

Khabib "runs shit"?

Man...no fighters "run shit". Not even Conor who has made the UFC more $ than anyone by far. Maybe he could get away with a bit more but I don't even think that's true anymore after everyone watched him get his ass beat.

Khabib obviously has more leverage than he ever did, but he still has to kiss the ring. If he is out too long they will strip him and not think twice.

He has gained popularity for sure and will be given more leeway than most fighters but he doesn't "run shit". Without Khabib, the division and the UFC in general would move on just fine.

Kevin Lee isn't getting the next title shot even with a win in his next fight. Ferguson is in front of him and so is Poirier and Khabib is suspended. If Lee wins Islam would make sense for his next fight.

Islam is where Lee was two years ago. He doesnt get to skip the line, he needs to climb the ladder. Im sure he's trying to and is looking for bigger fights but it needs to actually happen.

I don't get why Lee vs Islam wouldn't make sense. Lee has 2 people in front of him for a title shot maybe 3 and the champion is suspended currently, he's going to need to win another fight or two after the fight with Al if he wins to get a title shot. Why not fight someone who trains with Khabib and is 16-1?

{<huh}
I just said multiple times to give him top 10 opponents. Relax bro :p, I'm not against Islam, but let him beat at least one before we throw him at the top 5.

He has no claim to challenge a top 5 guy aside from what him, his fans and his team mates believe he can do. And that might true, but let the guy make beat one top 10 guy first.

You keep regurgitating the same rhetoric about Lee not being good enough based on nothing but what you think Islam can do. At least Lee has some top 10 wins unlike Islam. I have no qualms with Islam fighting Lee or any top 5 guy, but if you can look past your fandom for a second you'll see that he isn't deserving of it yet.

What makes Kevin Lee so great and much better than non top 5 guys? He has 2 top 10 wins but i'm pretty sure both of them were in the 6-10 range and it's not like he's next for the title shot, Ferguson and Poirier are ahead of him, the champion is suspended and the UFC might even give Conor a rematch. He will need more wins after Al if he beats him or not to get the title shot.

I don't get why Lee vs Islam wouldn't make sense. Lee has 2 people in front of him for a title shot maybe 3 and the champion is suspended currently, he's going to need to win another fight or two after the fight with Al if he wins to get a title shot. Why not fight someone who trains with Khabib and is 16-1?

Its not an outrageous fight to make or anything and I think it would be a good fight but why does Islam deserve such a huge jump in the ladder? Lee climbed the ladder, like I said, he was pretty much where islam is now two years ago, and then he took on top 10-15ish tough fights like Trinaldo and Chiesa, then he got the big step up against Tony and Barboza. Kajan Johnson is pretty solid but he's not quite that, his other UFC wins aren't particularly good.

If you're saying there are 3 people ahead of Lee for a title shot then obviously two of them need fights, why shouldnt Lee fight one of them to further his place? Even if he fights someone below him, why would he fight a guy who's not even in the top 15? yeah, Islam has skills. Lets see him prove it. Training with Khabib isnt an accomplishment.

Its not an outrageous fight to make or anything and I think it would be a good fight but why does Islam deserve such a huge jump in the ladder? Lee climbed the ladder, like I said, he was pretty much where islam is now two years ago, and then he took on top 10-15ish tough fights like Trinaldo and Chiesa, then he got the big step up against Tony and Barboza. Kajan Johnson is pretty solid but he's not quite that, his other UFC wins aren't particularly good.

If you're saying there are 3 people ahead of Lee for a title shot then obviously two of them need fights, why shouldnt Lee fight one of them to further his place? Even if he fights someone below him, why would he fight a guy who's not even in the top 15? yeah, Islam has skills. Lets see him prove it. Training with Khabib isnt an accomplishment.

He's 16-1, why go so slowly, he probably should have already fought a top 10 guy or someone on the fringe. Lee got ranked in the top 10 by getting a big jump up in competition, I don't see why Islam can't do the same.

Ferguson probably won't fight anyone other than Khabib or Poirier same for Poirier and with Khabib out Ferguson vs Poirier makes the most sense so Lee likely doesn't have the option to fight any of them but would still need a few more wins for a title shot. Islam being Khabib's training partner would probably be one of the fights that does the most for him because we all know that drama sells and beating Islam would be something Lee could use to market himself to get the Khabib fight a bit sooner.

I don't see what's wrong with letting Islam prove himself against Lee besides I don't see a big difference in skill between Trinaldo, Tibau, Lentz and Johnson. They all seem in the same ballpark as one another and Trinaldo was the best guy Lee got before fighting a top 10 guy. Seems like Islam would be making a very similar jump in competition level that Lee did.

Last edited:
Back