Will justin gaethje's new style....

No.

But for a year, JG had been telling everyone that he had changed his style after his last 2 losses. Picking his shots more, brawling less, punching harder, and expects to win fights easier because of it.

Now pick any thread from just prior to his last fight...

...and most sherdoggers had no clue. They had to be told. In every thread.

Let's revisit this the week prior to his next fight. You'll see it again, I'm quite sure.

Then again, maybe he hasn't done a goddamn thing, is trolling us, and then some of us see changes we're looking for but aren't actually there ;)

Bruh, why are you giving me your life story, I said you're cool...

I'm still confused on what changes people think he made? He's just been able to finish his last 3 opponents quickly and his opponents haven't made it a dog fight like others have. MJ, Alvarez and Poirier all met him head on. JG still walks forward constantly, throws leg kicks and big punches. Literally nothing in his strategy has changed, his opponents lately have just been backing up and trying to move away but Justin does a good job of cutting you off quickly and making contact. Again, I see nothing new, just him being able to finish his last few fights quickly against guys who weren't aggressive.
It was best explained (IMO) during Unfiltered 327. He's on for about half an hour. Link below.

Basically - and I'm going off memory here - he says his coaches had warned him for years that fighting rock-em-sock-em was eventually going to catch up with him, and it took losing to Alvarez and Poirier for him to finally hear it. So he works on punching less often, finding timing, finding range, countering, and making each shot count. And he found that when he punches less, he punches harder and more accurately.

"Making each shot count instead of rock-em-sock-em" is probably the best way to summarize it.

Enjoy.

https://player.fm/series/ufc-unfilt...erra/uf327-justin-gaethje-tj-lavin-robbie-fox

Last edited:
I'm still confused on what changes people think he made? He's just been able to finish his last 3 opponents quickly and his opponents haven't made it a dog fight like others have. MJ, Alvarez and Poirier all met him head on. JG still walks forward constantly, throws leg kicks and big punches. Literally nothing in his strategy has changed, his opponents lately have just been backing up and trying to move away but Justin does a good job of cutting you off quickly and making contact. Again, I see nothing new, just him being able to finish his last few fights quickly against guys who weren't aggressive.

It's punch mechanics. Watch deontay wilder

I just dont see him going to decision. he's too aggressive, who ever is fighting him has to stop him or he'll do too much damage. even if justin went to decision i couldn't see it going well for the other guy. he's going to be hurt.

will Justin Gaethje's new style.... in the later rounds?

I just wonder to be people find this new style to be as exciting as the old style?

<LikeReally5>

Hwut

Back