will jones move to HW soon?

Bigrichmac

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
If jones wins his next fight will he move up? He will have cleaned up the LHW division. Could he be only the third 2 weight champ?

No he said at the press conference last night that it ain't happening. Said he doesn't even want to talk about it anymore.

Cain is the fight he would take ala silva style with a weight above

when the money is right as he mentioned yesterday

He aint going anywhere until he breaks Silvas title defence record. Plus I think he knows he wont be as dominant at heavyweight.

A permanent move at this point is not going to happen at least anytime soon. Jones still has to face Rumble/Gus winner and then assuming he wins would be within 2 wins of the most consecutive title defenses in history. Only at that point do I think Jones would consider a permanent move since there would be nothing left to accomplish at LHW. Right now it's a no.

What's a better legacy. 2 division Champ in LHW and HW or most title defences?

Jones is the best LHW ever...no doubt. However i guarantee you, regardless of what he says, he wants no part of Cain Velasquez.

Dammit, did you NOT watch the post fight conference? It was like the first question they asked him

He aint going anywhere until he breaks Silvas title defence record. Plus I think he knows he wont be as dominant at heavyweight.

If he beats the Gus/Rumble winner there really isn't any interesting fights left for him at LHW.

OSP
Davis
Manuwa

Those would be the only 3 fighters left in the top 10 that Jones has yet to beat. 3 guys that would most likely lose to Jones for sure.

I think if he stays at LHW for too much longer people will start to lose interest in him. He isn't beating guys in amazing fashion like A. Silva was (which is the main reason so many people remained interested in him).

I'm impressed by his performances and will continue watching him fight, but I see a lot of other people getting bored of watching him since most of his future LHW match ups are going to be fights that he will for sure win.

I know many people will compare what I am saying to the fact that GSP remained a big draw, but GSP also had an entire country behind him.

No he's scared to fight men his size and who have his reach. The only time he did, against Gus, he went to the hospital :)

It changes all the time if he wants to or not......I think for the moment he wants to stay at lhw..break the title defences record. So 2 or 3 more and then move up.

At some point I think he will have to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back