Will Jones get an immediate title shot when he loses?

He'd probably fight Daniel Cormier if he lost while Gustaffson and Glover battled it out on FOX.

652.gif

Hell yes
This outcome suits me in any eventuality

This, and it actually answers the question. It will be interesting to see what JJ does in the face of a guy not 1/2 or 1/3 his size. His fights have all looked silly.

tumblr_ls571kF7me1qc67l3o1_500.jpg

lol your math is terrible :p one third his size? ROFL is he fighting bantamweights

This, and it actually answers the question. It will be interesting to see what JJ does in the face of a guy not 1/2 or 1/3 his size. His fights have all looked silly.

Does everyone agree with this? I know the "tale of the tape" inevitably says non-heavyweights in a match are within a pound or two of each others' weight, but to me Jones has generally looked smaller than his opponents. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the notion that he was bigger than Rampage or Bader when he beat them. Machida also looked to have buffed up for his fight with Jones. In fact, the only fight I can recall where I was confident Jones was fighting someone his size is his bout with Vera.

lol your math is terrible :p one third his size? ROFL is he fighting bantamweights

Your math is terrible too! He'd be fighting guys that weigh like 70-80 pounds, not bantamweights. I third of his size, not a third less of his size.

Your math is terrible too! He'd be fighting guys that weigh like 70-80 pounds, not bantamweights. I third of his size, not a third less of his size.
I think you are mixing up weight and size :)

so please enlighten me on who he fought that is a third of Jones size..or even half lol

I think Jones is going to lose this Saturday. He has been boxing guys shorter than he, and outside of Chael, who looked ready (IMHO) to cash in his chips from the get go, has not been smashing guys the same way he was before. I think Alex is going to out strike Jon.

So that aside, would you guys want an immediate rematch?? I'm tired of them personally, but the money may decide.

When JJ loses? Aww, look, you made a funny. Now go back to your room and watch your power rangers or ninja turtles or whatever.

I think you are mixing up weight and size :)

so please enlighten me on who he fought that is a third of Jones size..or even half lol

I didn't say he fought people a fraction of his size, that was some other guy. I'm just explaining that 1/3 of Jon's weight would not be a bantamweight. Not even close.

I don't see him losing but think he'd get a rematch. (Cain/JDS, AS/Weidman)

Your question is a fallacy, an appeal to ignorance. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false (or vice versa).

Jones will not lose Saturday.

I think Jones is going to lose this Saturday. He has been boxing guys shorter than he, and outside of Chael, who looked ready (IMHO) to cash in his chips from the get go, has not been smashing guys the same way he was before. I think Alex is going to out strike Jon.

So that aside, would you guys want an immediate rematch?? I'm tired of them personally, but the money may decide.

So what about when he beat Stephan Bonnar, Brandon Vera, Jake O'brien just to name a few, who are all bigger than him. Why come you fail to mention that?

Also Gus is the same height as Jones, so that means Gus will finally be fighting someone his size since he has also been fighting guys shorter than him right?

Unless its absolute Gus domination, which I doubt it will be, Jones should get a re-match.

Yes. I don't believe in immediate rematches besides close decisions even for dominant champs I think they should win one fight to get a shot. Seeing as Silva got the immediate shot he didn't deserve though I can't see Jones not getting it. There's no way the UFC would risk passing up on Jones-Gus 2 which would then become the biggest fight in MMA history.

I don't like it but I have accepted if you are a dominant champ you're getting an immediate rematch. The UFC has to much money to make.

Jones is likely going to clinch Gustafsson down to the mat and TKO him with Elbows from the top.

This is how I see the fight going. I think Jon will stand with Gus aslong as he can to prove a point and if that fails he will drop for a double. Land it and throw bows. Fight over

So what about when he beat Stephan Bonnar, Brandon Vera, Jake O'brien just to name a few, who are all bigger than him. Why come you fail to mention that?

Also Gus is the same height as Jones, so that means Gus will finally be fighting someone his size since he has also been fighting guys shorter than him right?

It's not Jones fault he is taller than his opponents.

I would not say Obrien was "bigger" than Jones tbh. Maybe when he was a fatter 230 against Mousasi?

Your question is a fallacy, an appeal to ignorance. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false (or vice versa).

Jones will not lose Saturday.

:icon_lol:

Back