Will Jones get an immediate title shot when he loses?

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
I think Jones is going to lose this Saturday. He has been boxing guys shorter than he, and outside of Chael, who looked ready (IMHO) to cash in his chips from the get go, has not been smashing guys the same way he was before. I think Alex is going to out strike Jon.

So that aside, would you guys want an immediate rematch?? I'm tired of them personally, but the money may decide.

He'd probably fight Daniel Cormier if he lost while Gustaffson and Glover battled it out on FOX.

Jones is likely going to clinch Gustafsson down to the mat and TKO him with Elbows from the top.

I wouldn't spend too much time pondering the question Ts

It's not something you're going to have to worry about

It depends on how he looses , 1st round ko & he would have to climb his way back up

I doubt he will lose to Gus, but if it did happen, then he would likely be given a rematch, ala AS / Weidman.

If Anderson gets one after losing in the worst way imaginable, I don't see why Jon won't get a rematch as well.

He wont lose this fight and probably he will never lose at LHW for a long time

not trying to discredit Gus but if Jones loses I only see that happening by a freak incident so based on that he should get an immediate rematch.

I dont see Bones outstriking him TBH. Doesn't Gus come from a natural striking background? I know Machida does too but there was a huge size disadvantage there. Vitor, Rashad, and Rampage weren't hungry enough.

If Gus or Glover beat him, he will because he just got caught. There is a small chance however that DC can make him look bad if he outclasses him in wrestling. In that case, he may or may not get a rematch.

He may get out struck on the feet for the first minute or two,agreed.But the minute he goes for the takedown the fights as good as over for me.I like GUS and am not fighter bashing,but I just can't see him winning in a million years.JBJ is just that good he will make top fighters look like amateurs.

If Anderson gets one after losing in the worst way imaginable, I don't see why Jon won't get a rematch as well.

This, and it actually answers the question. It will be interesting to see what JJ does in the face of a guy not 1/2 or 1/3 his size. His fights have all looked silly.

tumblr_ls571kF7me1qc67l3o1_500.jpg

Back