Will Jon Jones ever fight at heavyweight?

Will Jones fight at heavyweight

• Total voters
But what blows my mind is that this hasn’t been negotiated in some form already. I mean, did Jones really vacate a belt with the true intention of moving to HW without his management already having discussed likely opponents and contract terms with the UFC? It’s bizarre. I get that there may be small points to iron out, but it’s insane to me that Jones and the UFC are so radically far apart on pay. This should’ve been discussed already.
Seems like pay wasn't a huge issue until Stipe was asleep on the mat

You have to understand the pay scale to understand it isn't a reasonable asking price, not for mma and not for boxing. They already offered him way more than he's ever been paid before.

What's his asking price?

How do you know what they offered?

Please tell me your answer is not going to be .... because Dana said so. Because I have a gif all lined up and ready to go in response

Other than Dana,
Not Dana, the UFC.

I'd already estimated that $30-50 million would all that'd be available to split between the UFC, Ngannou, and Jones:
Net Revenue
  • High End: $49,000,000
  • Mid End: $40,000,000
  • Low End: $31,000,000
If Jones received $30 million, don't you think Ngannou would want the same pay? It's funny how everyone talks about Jones deserving this kind of pay while simultaneously ignoring the fact that Ngannou is the actual champion in this discussion.

do we have any confirmation that Jones asked for this amount?
No confirmation, but the fact that Jones fired his management team immediately after Dana alleged that his team asked for that amount lends me to believe it was true.

If Jones doesn't fight this year.... then I think it's all over. He has fought once in just under 2 years.
People move on to get excited about other fighters in that time. It's no use telling us about how great you are .... SHOW US!!!!

Yes, when and who is the question but he will fight at HW or retire. I think he gets a few paydays at HW and then bows out.

He has zero leverage, eventually he will cave. How people do not see this I do not understand. I'm not rooting for the UFC but they don't give a duck if he fight s or not. If he does at a reasonable price, great. If not, NEXT.

Jones is a complete moron lol what kind of negotiation tactic is this? If he truly is holding out for some financial figure in his head wouldn't he say very firmly I'm ready to fight when they offer me this amount. That's what I feel I'm worth.

By saying we don't mind it it's later down the road the ufc has no pressure to negotiate with him and he's basically saying eventually I'll cave. Lol

It looks like he's training and gaining though.

if Jones wants to price himself out of competing then let me be the first to congratulate him on an early retirement. the ufc will squat on his contract and let him age himself out of competition. even if they did cut him none of the other promotions can afford what he thinks he's worth.

Not Dana, the UFC.

I'd already estimated that $30-50 million would all that'd be available to split between the UFC, Ngannou, and Jones:

If Jones received $30 million, don't you think Ngannou would want the same pay? It's funny how everyone talks about Jones deserving this kind of pay while simultaneously ignoring the fact that Ngannou is the actual champion in this discussion.

No confirmation, but the fact that Jones fired his management team immediately after Dana alleged that his team asked for that amount lends me to believe it was true.

Proof.

Show me.

Don't reply with anything but. If you have any. But I don't think you do.

I mean, did Jones really vacate a belt with the true intention of moving to HW without his management already having discussed likely opponents and contract terms with the UFC?

Oh but you forget, he was running from Reyes....or Izzy?....or maybe Jan? So he had to go to HW to avoid all those monsters.

Not gonna believe it until he is walking out to the cage at this point. His Twitter temper tantrums don’t give me the impression of someone that is that eager to fight.

Yeah man, also he could have fought at heavyweight anytime in his career, but he kept cutting to 205 for a reason

Jones is a complete moron lol what kind of negotiation tactic is this? If he truly is holding out for some financial figure in his head wouldn't he say very firmly I'm ready to fight when they offer me this amount. That's what I feel I'm worth.

By saying we don't mind it it's later down the road the ufc has no pressure to negotiate with him and he's basically saying eventually I'll cave. Lol
Where does your negotiating experience come from? You sound like you at minimum have an advanced degree, and 20-30 years of hand's on experience. Clearly the entire roster should be checking with you before they make any moves. Glad to have you here.

Where does your negotiating experience come from? You sound like you at minimum have an advanced degree, and 20-30 years of hand's on experience. Clearly the entire roster should be checking with you before they make any moves. Glad to have you here.

Finally someone gets it

What's his asking price?

How do you know what they offered?

Please tell me your answer is not going to be .... because Dana said so. Because I have a gif all lined up and ready to go in response
He asked for 30 million guaranteed. Jones himself already talked about what they offered him and they were raising his base pay plus ppv. Basically Conor and Khabib money and he still turned it down. Conor and Khabib are the highest paid fighters in UFC, so to turn down a matching fight purse says what?

If Dana was lying about the negotiations claims Jones can sue him, so yes he isn't lying about it. For him to say it publicly, that's because that's the price that Jones was asking for.

I mean the question to ask - is it working? Is he getting the price he wants or did he lose the fight? That should be the only focus on this, because that says everything.

No. He never planed it. It's some kind of secret suspension. UFC took the belt from him so they wouldn't have to publicize something and ruin potential earnings when he comes back to LHW after time served.

Voted hey pussy because of the lolz, but no is my serious choice.

Back