Will Jon Jones Ever fight at Heavyweight?

Will Jones Every Move up?

• Total voters
53% predict that Jones will never fight at HW. That's ridiculous. He just turned 33 a couple months ago. That is actually quite young for HW. Here is a fact that will blow your mind, Ngannou is 34. That's right, Ngannou is older than Jones.

It is possible that Jones' next fight won't be at HW. But he will almost certainly fight at HW at least once in the next 7 years.

you do know jon could of fought stipe years ago right. you do know jon could of fought dc to become champ champ but nope didnt have the guts.

jon will soon start laying down more plans to fight jan in 2021.
No he couldn't because he was suspended. Years ago Stipe was fighting contenders & Cormier & same for Bones.

Bones Jones vs Stipe, Ngannou, or Brock next is my predictions.

Not a chance. Unless Dana pays him 20 million to fight someone like Roy Nelson
Jones have been fighting and beating every elite LHW for the past 10 years. Why is he a coward all of the sudden?

He clearly training to put on weight and strength while calling out the HW champ. If Dana can cough up a few mil (maybe more), he’s definitely doing it.

Jones have been fighting and beating every elite LHW for the past 10 years. Why is he a coward all of the sudden?
Some would say he became a coward the second he injected steroids into himself. but I didnt use the word "coward" you did. I wouldn't call someone simply choosing to stay in their own weightclass a coward. Jon makes LHW easily.

Number two, for 80% of those last 10 years Jon has said, non stop, that he "finally going up to HW" and here we still are. 0 fights at HW. if you want to be naïve go for it.

Jon trained with Overeem and didnt like how it felt being the smaller guy. Just facts. and Jon HIMSELF has said, multiple times, that it needs to be the right matchup for it to happen. He has no interest in going through a list of killers at HW. He justs wants to wait for a perfectly beatable non threatening matchup so he can steal the HW belt and then retire. hes waiting for a situation like when GSP went up and took out Bisping.

No he couldn't because he was suspended. Years ago Stipe was fighting contenders & Cormier & same for Bones.

Bones Jones vs Stipe, Ngannou, or Brock next is my predictions.

jon first called out stipe before he every got suspended. than before signing to fight santos jon called out stipe again. so why didnt jon man up an fight stipe than when he called stipe out first.

Jon asked for a HW fight. The UFC made no offer. Jon vacated the belt and starts weight training. The UFC shows some interest. All signs point to yes. If he doesn't return to LHW with Reyes sparked off the scene what does that tell you?

jon first called out stipe before he every got suspended. than before signing to fight santos jon called out stipe again. so why didnt jon man up an fight stipe than when he called stipe out first.
Objectively do you have a picogram of evidence 5hat the UFC made a reasonable offer after he requested those fights? Do you seriously blame Jones for Dana failing to make it happen? Do you blame Jones when you try to post and shart a lil wee skid?

Objectively do you have a picogram of evidence 5hat the UFC made a reasonable offer after he requested those fights? Do you seriously blame Jones for Dana failing to make it happen? Do you blame Jones when you try to post and shart a lil wee skid?

yes i clearly blame jon for not moving up. jon turned down fighing werdum, turned down fighting cain, turfned down fighting dc to become champ champ turned down fighting stipe for years now.

dana white cant sign a fight that fight not willing to take.

I shouldnt have to explain this to you as you can read and form words but you seem to struggle with comprehension. Jon Jones is GOAT. A small minority believes otherwise but I would suggest them to the opinion of the UFC President. WHO THE FUCK IS VERDUM COMPARED TO JON JONES YOU DUNCE? Verdun can't even headline unless his opponent is very popular. I asked and you dodged the question. Show me a shred of evidence Jones was offered a contract at a reasonable price to fight Stipe? I would dodge that to because it doesn't fucking exist. You are a hater so I dont expect you to be consistent or make sense. I do expect you to at least be clever in hiding your nonsense. This here is dumb as a shithouse mouse

Plenty of people dont consider Jones the GOAT, although he is unanimously a contender. He was certainly on his way to be undisputed but fucked it up a lot in recent years

Because Stipe was either injured or fighting Cormier

Yes, he's getting older. His strengths are no longer his speed and athleticism, as we have seen in his last few close fights against young, hungry LWHs. His technique will be more suited to overshadow those of heavyweight opponents. This is also where the money fights now lie for him. He will fight at HW, without a doubt.

Plenty of people dont consider Jones the GOAT, although he is unanimously a contender. He was certainly on his way to be undisputed but fucked it up a lot in recent years
You are a shrinking minority dufus. When the UFC President said he is GOAT in the middle of their disagreement your feelings on the matter became pretty irrelevant

People in the know know that Jon Jones won't according to my psychoanalysis thread that was right on the nose.

You are a shrinking minority dufus. When the UFC President said he is GOAT in the middle of their disagreement your feelings on the matter became pretty irrelevant

Trying to prove a point with Dana's word? :eek::eek:
Like you expect a promoter to declare the GOAT a guy that he can't sell anymore?

GSP and Silva are considered the GOAT by so many fellow top fighters and opponents.
Some say Johnson too and he has a case for several reasons but it's hard to consider the GOAT prizefighter someonw who fights in the division with the lesser prize.

Trying to prove a point with Dana's word? :eek::eek:
Like you expect a promoter to declare the GOAT a guy that he can't sell anymore?

GSP and Silva are considered the GOAT by so many fellow top fighters and opponents.
Some say Johnson too and he has a case for several reasons but it's hard to consider the GOAT prizefighter someonw who fights in the division with the lesser prize.
Let me help you dummy since you clearly want to turn this into an "he's not the GOAT cause I say so" discussion which wasn't my point. In the eyes of the vast majority of casual watchers Jones is GOAT. In the eyey of the most critical members UFC staff by in large he is GOAT. In the eyes of most fighters when asked, and I watch those questions closely, the majority find him GOAT and if not he is top 2. In the eyes of people that consider themselves hard-core and I have seen the sherdog polls where he is very hated yet still the majority believe he is GOAT. I haven't even stated my opinion on the matter Im stating the facts of the matter. Ypu feel otherwise clown start a thread. Would you have preferred I said perceived GOAT so it didn't hurt your squirrel heart? I give no shit. If you feel uncomfortable with the stance that Jones is GOAT find a new sport. When the majority of the fantasy and staff and fighters feel this way nobody gives a damn if you feel different. It wasn't the point of my comment and if you sincerely believe I didn't see all the bbb-butisms coming a mile away then you are mistaken. It just gets to a point that nobody is going to pacify you. Jones GOAT DEAL WITH IT

Let me help you dummy since you clearly want to turn this into an "he's not the GOAT cause I say so" discussion which wasn't my point. In the eyes of the vast majority of casual watchers Jones is GOAT. In the eyey of the most critical members UFC staff by in large he is GOAT. In the eyes of most fighters when asked, and I watch those questions closely, the majority find him GOAT and if not he is top 2. In the eyes of people that consider themselves hard-core and I have seen the sherdog polls where he is very hated yet still the majority believe he is GOAT. I haven't even stated my opinion on the matter Im stating the facts of the matter. Ypu feel otherwise clown start a thread. Would you have preferred I said perceived GOAT so it didn't hurt your squirrel heart? I give no shit. If you feel uncomfortable with the stance that Jones is GOAT find a new sport. When the majority of the fantasy and staff and fighters feel this way nobody gives a damn if you feel different. It wasn't the point of my comment and if you sincerely believe I didn't see all the bbb-butisms coming a mile away then you are mistaken. It just gets to a point that nobody is going to pacify you. Jones GOAT DEAL WITH IT

I don't see a consensus amount of people claiming Jones to the be the GOAT. When you look at the media, fighters, hardcore fans and casual fans, its pretty much split between GSP, Jones and Fedor and some have Anderson in there. But by no means is it an overwhelming majority claiming Jones is the greatest fighter of all time

Here is the poll that has been going on for quite some time and it has over 4500 votes and GSP + Fedor are ahead of Jones.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/all-time-goat-poll.3916359/

I think he intends to. Whether he gets in trouble with the law or usada is another question

Back