Will John Cena be the next action star?

usfbrah

Chronic gambler
@Brown
Reaction score
My friend was talking my ear off today at work talking about how John Cena is the next big thing in acting. I was like dude, John Cena movies are trash but he swears the marine was great but that was like a decade ago? Does anyone here think John Cena will replace the rock in Hollywood and does he even have any current films that are good on his resume ??

This is the only movie I’ve liked with Cena in it

apparently cena just came out with some weird movie where hes a firefighter but he has that weird pedophile haircut

He can't be the next big thing, he is like 5'6.

TBH, it's not out of the question. He's got the look and charisma. Nobody took "The Rock" seriously when he was doing "The Tooth Fairy" and whatnot. Slowly but surely though, he was just too damn charming to ignore and he started picking the right projects. Cena isn't a complete muppet with acting, and he can play to his strong suits(Comedy and action). He just needs the right vehicle to steer him in the right direction.

Like you mention, The Marine came out 14 years ago. It's an okay action movie, but I don't see how he hits it big now when it didn't work out then.

Back