Will JJ takes the Machida way from here?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by maxime, Sep 23, 2013.

1. maxime

maxime Orange Belt

The Jones Vs Gustafsson fight was very similar to the Machida / Rua 1st fight in the sense that Machida was coming into the fight undefeated with a style that created a lot of issues to his opponents.
    The Jones/Gustafsson fight went five close rounds and the immediate rematch is what everybody want to see like Machida/Rua.
    From the rematch everything went down for Machida. Do you think a similar scenario will take place for Jones?

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Orange Belt

Yes if Gus is a little more aggressive next fight he will most likely KO jones.. Look at how jones shuts his eyes / look away everytime he get hit , if gus follows up with one more shot its probably lights OUT

3. Nicho007

Nicho007 White Belt

Agree. Gus suffered the "unbeatable aura" Jones had till last saturday. With a little more confidence and extending the punching combos he could get the belt.

4. Husmasa

Husmasa Blue Belt

or get taken down.

Machida lost the second fight by ko mostly because he was hyper aggressive trying to prove that he is the deserving champion.

5. kphizzle

kphizzle Green Belt

Valid point but I don't see it being so cut and dry Gus was jones equal in height age and weight something jones wasn't accustomed to I always said the guy who would beat machida was the guy who could get in take a few shots and hit him shogun did that I don't see many other being able to stuff jones takedowns or match size and strength

6. Charlitos1988

Charlitos1988 Purple Belt

Gus by KO

7. Konighter

Konighter Blue Belt

It seemed that way to me right away.