will iv ban affect Mcgregor against Aldo?

Boxinglife is getting exposed just like Conor did in the Mendes fight

I'm worried about it. I wish they could just agree on catchweight 150 after hitting 145 a few days earlier or something.

You mean Aldo vs. McGregor, right?

Regardless, no. Fighters will still use IVs, they will just do it differently. Like, how the fuck are they going to prove they use it? Start fingering up their whole body until they find what resembles an needle mark?

iv bag leaves traces of plastic in the bloodstream. They are banning it because people use it to blooddope.

Who cares... Aldo is gonna win regardless of IV or no IV and who is bigger or wider or denser blah blah.

Is this a troll thread?

Conor has NEVER missed weight.

In fact before the Siver and Mendes fights - where media obliagations had ramped up for Conor, and had shortened the time he had to cut weight effectively for Siver/Mendes, Conor had been EASILY MAKING weight, like nothing, prior to those 2 fights.

Go watch Conor's weigh ins against Brimage, Brandao, Holloway, and Poirier. Conor looked so healthy when on the scales against all of them. Conor looked like someone who had made 145 getting out of bed

Again, Conor never even had weight cutting issues until Siver/Mendes - due to all the media obliagtions.

IT WAS ALDO whos always been known for having trouble cutting weight.

It was Aldo who freaked out about the IV ban saying he'd refuse to fight without IVs

Only recently did some "people" start coming up with this non sense that Conor is the biggest 145'er and only beats midgets (it literally came out of left field and out of no where. Holloway, Brandao and Poirier were all just as big or bigger) YET they will IGNORE how Aldo is a giant who kills himself to fight down at 145 and will ignore that its Aldo who has beat nothing but midget wrestlers who were afraid to shoot in on him.

Finally Aldo is going to be getting his when Conor out classes him and batters him

You realize he's like 27 and still growing right? He's gaining more mass as he's entering his physical prime.

The guy who is the UFC's head of health for the fighters, sorry athletes, Jeff Novitzky was on the Rogan podcast a couple of weeks ago talking about it and specifically Aldo when he said he'd do an IV anyway in his hotel room. Rogan asked him how they'd police that and he said when they were in Brazil for 190 he asked Aldo about it and he said he was having a bad day when he was asked about it. And even if Aldo does one, they can find out from a blood test.

Conor mentioned in the media scrum after his open workout that he doesn't do one all the time and that he just has to change up his diet a bit a few weeks out from the fight. He loses around 20 lbs the week of a fight according to one of the Severe MMA lads (Irish MMA site)

Who cares... Aldo is gonna win regardless of IV or no IV and who is bigger or wider or denser blah blah.

Not with that cracked shell of a mind he has now. :eek:

The guy who is the UFC's head of health for the fighters, sorry athletes, Jeff Novitzky was on the Rogan podcast a couple of weeks ago talking about it and specifically Aldo when he said he'd do an IV anyway in his hotel room. Rogan asked him how they'd police that and he said when they were in Brazil for 190 he asked Aldo about it and he said he was having a bad day when he was asked about it. And even if Aldo does one, they can find out from a blood test.

Conor mentioned in the media scrum after his open workout that he doesn't do one all the time and that he just has to change up his diet a bit a few weeks out from the fight. He loses around 20 lbs the week of a fight according to one of the Severe MMA lads (Irish MMA site)

What an awesome post in an otherwise awful thread. Kudos.

Change up his diet? You mean no food or water?

Change up his diet? You mean no food or water?

Well, I don't know about that. But I think he'll be using one of Richard Simmons weight loss DVDs to help lose the last few extra pounds. #whoneedsdolce

Well, I don't know about that. But I think he'll be using one of Richard Simmons weight loss DVDs to help lose the last few extra pounds. #whoneedsdolce

Lol nice one

Aldo probably cuts just as much. Aldo also said he doesn't care about following the rules. lol.

Can't they both just use glass bottles for their IV fluid infusions? Or am I missing something?

Edit: does the tube leave enough plastic testable shit if a glass bottle is used, or the the rubber stopper? Google isn't helping me.

Glass IV tubes?

And how do you get your liquid into the glass? IV solutions are stored in plastic from the factory - and are 'contaminated'. You don't think cycling dopers have already tried to figure this out for EPO purposes?

Youre an Aldo fanboy

Im completely right

Aldo looked just as big as Korean Zombie if not slightly bigger

And Frankie only had a 2 inch reach advantage while not being any where near as big or wide etc

Regardless, its hilarious how you Aldo fanboys think "rare exceptions" now prove THE RULE...."bu but 1 or 2 fighters of the 20 or so Aldo has fought were slightly bigger"

You Aldo fanboys literally have the IQs of monkeys from the jungles

Anyone know of a safe way to have a bet with someone, paypal or the likes so no party can back out? I challenge this pole smoker

Aldo said he cuts from 160. Anyone know what Conor cuts from? I doubt he cuts 25 lbs.

This cutting 25lbs was all caused by a one off remark by Chael who said Conor told him he was 170lbs but Conor later said Chael must have misheard him as he was nowhere near 170. Use a bit of common sense, he looked nowhere near 170 in those interviews, he is probably under 160.

There was a post not too long ago with a ton of metrics on fighters and champs and their competition. Aldo came in as slightly shorter and smaller reach when you averaged his opponents since becoming champ. It was before the second Mendes fight.

5'7" and 70" is very average for fw. Frankie has longer reach than him. Hominick was taller. KZ taller and longer reach. Lamas taller and longer reach. Florian much taller and longer. Man, you are just embarrassingly wrong about this. Aldo wanted to fight Pettis for the 155 belt, which he would have won. The UFC wouldn't let him, because they knew he would. No one gives a shit about whatever can Conor beat for his little leage lw title. Unlike him, Aldo has been the best featherweight in the world since he was 22 years old. Youngest champion in Zuffa history. He doesn't get to play with cans, he only fights the best of the best.

You realize what you are arguing with, right?

This cutting 25lbs was all caused by a one off remark by Chael who said Conor told him he was 170lbs but Conor later said Chael must have misheard him as he was nowhere near 170. Use a bit of common sense, he looked nowhere near 170 in those interviews, he is probably under 160.

I thought - even if it was true - Sonnen coming out and telling everyone that, it was a dickhead thing to do. Same with giving out Mendes' number. And Steven Marocco during the conference call asking Conor if he was having PRP treatment on his knee.

I don't think it was a secret that there were stories of him hurting his knee, but for an MMA "journalist" to ask that type of question so close to the fight seems a bit vindictive and something I can't recall any of them asking a fighter about an injury rumour so close to the fight. I'm sure some of them hear from their sources about fighters being injured but don't bring it up till after the fight.

is boxinglife for real?

and they will still use iv, they will use glass bottles that are apparently undetectable

He has to be a wind up merchant. Or like a double agent fan of Conor. Really he hates him and has created a persona to fill the forum with Conor threads/posts to drum up hate for him.

No one can be genuinely that infatuated with someone, shirley. :icon_conf

Back