will iv ban affect Mcgregor against Aldo?

The real problem with any size comparison is that potentially the most important stat, weight on fight night, is an unknown in the UFC.

Pretty sure that Lamas weighed more than Aldo, but I doubt Mendes, Edgar, KenFlo or Jung weighed more than him on fight night.

Maybe, but like you said, weight is a complete unknown. But we do know, for a fact, Aldo usually fights people who are taller than him and/or have longer reach than him. He has an average frame for a featherweight, and would be very undersized at lw.

McGregor, on the other hand, would have the third longest reach of the top 15 at lw if he moved up and be of average height there.

Maybe, but like you said, weight is a complete unknown. But we do know, for a fact, Aldo usually fights people who are taller than him and/or have longer reach than him. He has an average frame for a featherweight, and would be very undersized at lw.

McGregor, on the other hand, would have the third longest reach of the top 15 at lw if he moved up and be of average height there.

He's not really average at FW, imo. He's a good size, not huge, but definitely over average.

I guess he's a bit like GSP. He seemed enormous as the champ in his division before the real weight cutters started showing up.

Aldo has never fought anyone bigger. Maybe Harmonick and MAYBE Korean Zombie ...Maybe Swanson was close to him in size...BUT Aldo was even bigger then Edgar (former 155 champ)

Of course you Aldo fanboys are stupd enough to beleive Sonnen's lies that Conor cuts from 170 (27lbs or what ever)

YET you WILL IGNORE or excuse all of Aldo's bad weight cuts. Brainless

YET you WILL IGNORE Ricardo Lamas right? and Kenny Florian? If you want to support Conor support him, just don't lie about Aldos resume, both those guys had reach and height advantages.

Theres a reason why Aldo always talks about going to 155

Because the cut is hard for him and he hates it

But he never does actually go up to 155 because he enjoys fighting smaller wrestlers more.....THAT ALL ENDS with Conor. WAR CONOR

No IV McGregor will lose.

Let the excuses begin.

YET you WILL IGNORE Ricardo Lamas right? and Kenny Florian? If you want to support Conor support him, just don't lie about Aldos resume, both those guys had reach and height advantages.

He's not remotely right. KZ was flat out bigger, Edgar had longer reach, and Hominick was taller.

He's not really average at FW, imo. He's a good size, not huge, but definitely over average.

I guess he's a bit like GSP. He seemed enormous as the champ in his division before the real weight cutters started showing up.

Aldo is 5'7 with 70" reach. Go look through the LW top fifteen and see how that compares. I dunno about FW but I'm guessing most of the top fifteeners there are bigger than him as well. Even if he is above average, it couldn't be by much. The game is different than it was four, five years ago. Maybe he could have gone up then, but not anymore with all the McGregors around.

If you really think Lamas was bigger youre delusional and an Aldo fanboy not worth talking to

Also, Aldo looked far heavier/wider/more compact then Florian

Florian also KILLED himself to make weight against Aldo. Florian was a weight drained zombie in that fight. Not an impressive win or showing by Aldo against someone who was that badly weight drained

Aldo is a very large 145 and has RARELY EVER fought anyone LEGIT BIGGER

Again, for any Aldo fanboy to deny this is pure delusion

The only reason I really bring it up is to expose the blatant hypocrises from the minority of deluded Aldo forum trolls who shit on Conor for things Aldo is far more guilty of

Aldo isn't huge but Frankie and Faber are short. I'm pretty sure those 2 guys were small in the weight classes they were in most there careers. McGregor looks a little bigger for sure but like Mendes said he's not that much taller. I didn't check but I think Chad is 5,6 McGregor 5,9 Aldo 5,7

Youre an Aldo fanboy

Im completely right

Aldo looked just as big as Korean Zombie if not slightly bigger

And Frankie only had a 2 inch reach advantage while not being any where near as big or wide etc

Regardless, its hilarious how you Aldo fanboys think "rare exceptions" now prove THE RULE...."bu but 1 or 2 fighters of the 20 or so Aldo has fought were slightly bigger"

You Aldo fanboys literally have the IQs of monkeys from the jungles

damn, I was too late.

So then do we know that Conor uses an IV? I thought he claimed that he didn't use an IV.

If Conor is a huge FW, then ALDO IS A HUGE FW

Aldo is wide, has heavy bone density, and is built..THATS WHY Aldo has even MORE trouble cutting weight.

Just because Aldo has a short reach and has fought guys with bigger reaches, it means nothing in regards to Aldo being the BIGGER fighter in a majority of his fights with weight/width/body frame. Again, Aldo fanboys are delusional

Exactly

Its Aldo whos been known for always having weight cutting issues

Its Aldo who relies so heavily on killing himself with large weight cuts to fight smaller guys at 145, THAT he refused to fight without IVs....

Or did Aldo freak out because he had one of his methods of masking riods taken away from him? Either way its a bad look for Aldo. Aldo is not a good person or legit respectable fighter. His actions say other wise. Cant wait to see Conor out class Aldo like everyone else hes out classed

All the people cant wait to see Conor KILL Aldo. Conor is the fan favorite in real life
Except that we know that Aldo "only" cut 16 lbs for his fight at UFC 169. And he has only had problem making weight one time afaik.

Also, IF Conor does have a bad weight cut, well then yeah, that wouldve been the only way Aldo couldve won

Thankfully, Aldo cuts a lot of weight and has had even more trouble cutting weight himself, so if Conor is drained lets hope Aldo is drained too and that it would even out (IF Conor is drained) Conor would still win. A weight drained Conor still smashed Mendes. Weight drained Aldo performs terribly and cant pull the trigger. Weight drained Conor could still beat a healthy Aldo....Again, a weight drained Conor still smashed Mendes - who a healthy Aldo struggled against. Conor relies on skill to win so its why hes able to still dominate regardless. Conor's skills are on another level

Hahahaha what a joke.

I doubt it, it's still not hard to use an IV you just need to not use a plastic bag, the fluid is also sold in things like sheep skin or glass

Aside from that, it's not even really super helpful. When people under perform from bad weight cuts its not a re-hydration issue, a bad cut is a bad cut and getting an IV afterward is hardly going to stop you from cramping up or effecting your thinking/sweating/focus ext.

In 24 hours Oral Hydration and eating is more than enough to fix you up unless you cut like a retard, in which case an IV won't help you... at most it will save you like 30 minutes of not having to digest water, which in the long run is better for your organs because it is distributed in the proper order and body temperature.

It's like 2 people needing to drive a mile with 2 hours to do it in, and one person leaves 5 minutes earlier and drives 1mph faster.... they both get there in time unless they broke the car before the trip.

Gyms use IV's to help mask PED use, that is why they are so prevalent. That and dumb fighters thinking it's an edge, like not having sex 2 weeks before the fight.

Can I see a source?

There is no way Aldo cuts from 160

If so then why is he always having such huge trouble cutting weight?

Does Aldo not know how to cut weight?

It was from when the Barao sh*tstorm happened when he missed weight. It said Barao cuts from something like 158 and to show how much that was it showed that Aldo was only a few pounds heavier, like 161. I dont have a link and I dont feel like finding it, but my memory is clear enough that I know Im not too far off. No way Aldo cuts from 175.

You mean Aldo vs. McGregor, right?

Regardless, no. Fighters will still use IVs, they will just do it differently. Like, how the fuck are they going to prove they use it? Start fingering up their whole body until they find what resembles an needle mark?

Back