will iv ban affect Mcgregor against Aldo?

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
He cuts quite a bit of weight to make 145 doesn't he?

Didn't he cut over 25 lbs against chad?

Will this be a deciding factor against Jose?

Aldo probably cuts just as much. Aldo also said he doesn't care about following the rules. lol.

Can't they both just use glass bottles for their IV fluid infusions? Or am I missing something?

Edit: does the tube leave enough plastic testable shit if a glass bottle is used, or the the rubber stopper? Google isn't helping me.

Another question, will it affect Aldo vs McGregor?

Conor has never missed weight.

In fact before the Siver and Mendes fights - where media obliagations had ramped up for Conor, and had shortened the time he had to cut weight effectively for Siver/Mendes, Conor had been EASILY MAKING weight, like nothing, prior to those 2 fights.

Go watch Conor's weigh ins against Brimage, Brandao, Holloway, and Poirier. Conor looked so healthy on the scales against all of them. Conor looked like someone who had made 145 getting out of bed

Again, Conor never even had weight cutting issues until Siver/Mendes - due to all the media obliagtions.

IT WAS ALDO whos always been known for having trouble cutting weight.

It was Aldo who freaked out about the IV ban saying he'd refuse to fight without IVs

Only recently did some "people" start coming up with this non sense that Conor is the biggest 145'er and only beats midgets (it literally came out of left field and out of no where. Holloway, Brandao and Poirier were all just as big or bigger) YET they will IGNORE how Aldo is a short heavy compact guy who kills himself to fight down at 145. And they will ignore that its Aldo who has beat nothing but midget wrestlers who were afraid to shoot in on him.

Finally Aldo is going to be getting his when Conor out classes him and batters him

Last edited:

Oral hydration, done right is better. IV hydration masks PED's. Fighters and thier camps want everyone to believe that they need IV hydration.

If the IV Hydrate, they will be busted. They do not test for plasticides. All the need is urnine and/or blood before the fight and they can tell by the profile if IV hydration took place. That's a 2 year ban.

Is this a troll thread?

Conor has NEVER missed weight.

And in fact before the Siver and Mendes fights where media obliagations had ramped up for Conor and had dampered Conor's ability to cut weight against Siver/Mendes, Conor had been EASILY MAKING weight like nothing prior to those 2 fights.

Go watch Conor's weigh ins against Brimage, Brandao, Holloway, and Poirier. Conor looked healthy. Conor looked like someone who had made 145 getting out of bed

Again, Conor never even had weight cutting issues until Siver/Mendes, due to all the media obliagtions.

IT WAS ALDO whos always been known for having trouble cutting weight.

It was Aldo who freaked out about the IV ban saying he'd refuse to fight with IVs anyway

Its always been crazy how people say Conor is big for the division or beats midgets YET IGNORES how Aldo is a giant who kills himself to fight down at 145 while beating nothing but midget wrestlers who were afraid to shoot.

Finally Aldo is going to be getting his when Conor out classes him and batters him

And you don't think there will be media obligations for this upcoming fight?? If you are blaming his weight cutting issues on media obligations, gonna be more of the same this time around.

Oral hydration, done right is better. IV hydration masks PED's. Fighters and thier camps want everyone to believe that they need IV hydration.

If the IV Hydrate, they will be busted. They do not test for plasticides. All the need is urnine and/or blood before the fight and they can tell by the profile if IV hydration took place. That's a 2 year ban.

I'm no expert, but if I am using and IV infusion I would still also be drinking orally. Both together >>> one ????

And the IV bypasses something in your body which makes you not feel thirsty. However, might there be a risk of fluid overload? lol, this is all too much for me. Every study I read says that more studies and science are needed to see if there is a real benefit.

Also, IF Conor does have a bad weight cut, well then yeah, that wouldve been the only way Aldo couldve won

Thankfully, Aldo cuts a lot of weight and has had even more trouble cutting weight himself, so if Conor is drained lets hope Aldo is drained too and that it would even out (IF Conor is drained) Conor would still win. A weight drained Conor still smashed Mendes. Weight drained Aldo performs terribly and cant pull the trigger. Weight drained Conor could still beat a healthy Aldo....Again, a weight drained Conor still smashed Mendes - who a healthy Aldo struggled against. Conor relies on skill to win so its why hes able to still dominate regardless. Conor's skills are on another level

Last edited:
Aldo said he cuts from 160. Anyone know what Conor cuts from? I doubt he cuts 25 lbs.

Yeah I believe he cuts from 175. He looks like death come weigh ins so, Id believe it.

Because they use IV to rejuvenate after making weight.

If IV is banned. How will they make healthy weight?

Last edited:
Aldo said he cuts from 160. Anyone know what Conor cuts from? I doubt he cuts 25 lbs.

Can I see a source?

There is no way Aldo cuts from 160

If so then why is he always having such huge trouble cutting weight?

Does Aldo not know how to cut weight?

somewhere between 170 and 175.

A lot of people pretending Aldo has bad weight cuts, which has never been true. He had one bad cut, against Hominick, because of an illness. He was fresher than Edgar and Mendes in the fifth round of those fights. It's also a myth that he's been fighting smaller guys, most of his opponents have been taller and had longer reach. Those Conor fans love to lie and play pretend, just like he's pretending to be champion. I can understand that though, it's the closest he's going to get to the real belt.

Didn't Jose say in an interview that he doesn't give a fuck and that he'll just go use an IV privately in his hotel room?

Exactly

Its Aldo whos been known for always having weight cutting issues

Its Aldo who relies so heavily on killing himself with large weight cuts to fight smaller guys at 145, THAT he refused to fight without IVs....

Or did Aldo freak out because he had one of his methods of masking riods taken away from him? Either way its bad for Aldo. Aldo is not a good person or legit respectable fighter. His actions say other wise. Cant wait to see Conor out class Aldo like everyone else hes out classed

All the people cant wait to see Conor KILL Aldo. Conor is the fan favorite in real life

What a shit post man. You don't know Aldo personally or have ever had any interaction with him therefore you have zero credibility claiming that he is not a good person. As for not being a legit respectable fighter? Your looking an championship fighter who is undefeated in the UFC.

Your coming off like a massive twat with a naive, utterly false post like this. Or one of those people in real life who just bitch because they like the sound of their own voice.

somewhere between 170 and 175.

A lot of people pretending Aldo has bad weight cuts, which has never been true. He had one bad cut, against Hominick, because of an illness. He was fresher than Edgar and Mendes in the fifth round of those fights. It's also a myth that he's been fighting smaller guys, most of his opponents have been taller and had longer reach. Those Conor fans love to lie and play pretend, just like he's pretending to be champion. I can understand that though, it's the closest he's going to get to the real belt.

Aldo has never fought anyone bigger. Maybe Harmonick and MAYBE Korean Zombie ...Maybe Swanson was close to him in size...BUT Aldo was even bigger then Edgar (former 155 champ)

Aldo always has weight, size, height, and reach over a MAJORITY of his opponents. You Aldo fanboys are deluded in denying that

Some of Aldo's biggest wins are over guys like Faber WHO looked 3 weight classes smaller

Conor has had MUCH LESS ISSUES cutting weight and has beaten a far larger number of opponents bigger to himself (Poirier and Holloway for example) Not to mention the fact that Conor DID go UP to 155 and win the 155 belt in one of Europes/Irelands biggest promotions...where as Aldo has never went up to 155 and for the entirety of his career killed himself to fight down at 145. Conor will serve Aldo a plate of due justice

Of course you Aldo fanboys are stupd enough to beleive Sonnen's lies that Conor cuts from 170 (27lbs or what ever)

YET you WILL IGNORE or excuse all of Aldo's bad weight cuts. Brainless

I have heard from a few places that oral rehydration is just as effective if done properly, and that the only real use for IVs is to mask PED usage (and for blood doping).

So I don't think it will be an issue. Pretty sure McGregor stated he has rehydrated orally before without any trouble.

Aldo has never fought anyone bigger. Maybe Harmonick and MAYBE Korean Zombie ...Maybe Swanson was close to him in size...BUT Aldo was even bigger then Edgar (former 155 champ)

Aldo always has weight, size, height, and reach over a MAJORITY of his opponents. You Aldo fanboys are deluded in denying that

Some of Aldo's biggest wins are over guys like Faber WHO looked 3 weight classes smaller

Conor has had MUCH LESS ISSUES cutting weight and has beaten a far larger number of opponents bigger to himself (Poirier and Holloway for example) Not to mention the fact that Conor DID go UP to 155 and win the 155 belt in one of Europes/Irelands biggest promotions...where as Aldo has never went up to 155 and for the entirety of his career killed himself to fight down at 145. Conor will serve Aldo a plate of due justice

Of course you Aldo fanboys are stupd enough to beleive Sonnen's lies that Conor cuts from 170 (27lbs or what ever)

YET you WILL IGNORE or excuse all of Aldo's bad weight cuts. Brainless

There was a post not too long ago with a ton of metrics on fighters and champs and their competition. Aldo came in as slightly shorter and smaller reach when you averaged his opponents since becoming champ. It was before the second Mendes fight.

5'7" and 70" is very average for fw. Frankie has longer reach than him. Hominick was taller. KZ taller and longer reach. Lamas taller and longer reach. Florian much taller and longer. Man, you are just embarrassingly wrong about this. Aldo wanted to fight Pettis for the 155 belt, which he would have won. The UFC wouldn't let him, because they knew he would. No one gives a shit about whatever can Conor beat for his little leage lw title. Unlike him, Aldo has been the best featherweight in the world since he was 22 years old. Youngest champion in Zuffa history. He doesn't get to play with cans, he only fights the best of the best.

Last edited:
There was a post not too long ago with a ton of metrics on fighters and champs and their competition. Aldo came in as slightly shorter and smaller reach when you averaged his opponents since becoming champ. It was before the second Mendes fight.

The real problem with any size comparison is that potentially the most important stat, weight on fight night, is an unknown in the UFC.

Pretty sure that Lamas weighed more than Aldo, but I doubt Mendes, Edgar, KenFlo or Jung weighed more than him on fight night.

Back