Will I be overtraining? trying to go hard, but safely

slayer57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm currently boxing and doing muay thai 4 days a week sometimes I only get to eat 1 to no meals before class because i wake up so fucking late lol
but i am going hard and strict now because i want to fight within 6 months

i have bjj expierence, only like 4-5 months though with 1 month of muay thai in the past
and ive been doing muay thai/boxing here at 10th planet for about a month to a month and a half
i am going to up my carbs/fats/proteins in diet but most important carbs
my new schedule will be
monday: boxing/jiu jitsu/ either kettlebell work or plyometrics (ice bath)
tuesday: muay thai/sprints (ice bath)
wednesday: boxing/jiu jitsu (jacuzzi)
thursday: muay thai with a bodyweight circuit before class (ice bath)
friday: wrestling and sprints (ice bath)
saturday: muay thai with additinal bag work(ice bath)
sunday: smoking a blunt in the jacuzzi

this all seems so much for me, but then again, with eating nothing to 1 meal before class and still manage to train as hard as i do, pretty dam impressive.
so as long as i get 2-3 meals in before class, i should be up and ready to go for this schedule, i will be taking all the workouts on the 4th week just to give me body some rest but still train for technique in classes. so i can prevent injury also

Not enough detail.

e.g., what does 'boxing/BJJ' mean? Two separate classes? A combined class? Either or? one AM one PM? How long? etc.

I would fuck the sprints off. Not sure why you'd need ice baths.

And I'd slowly add things. If you're doing 4 days per week now, add one thing next week, add one more thing the week after, etc etc. Phase it in at a slow pace. Once you feel your body is up to it, add more in.

Maybe too much too soon, but it's unlikely to lead to overtraining.

Nothing in that schedule raises over training red flags to me. You'll need to get adequate food in order to properly recover.

i am going to up my carbs/fats/proteins in diet but most important carbs

I would encourage you to read the FAQ in the Diet forum. Increasing your carbs relative to fat and protein might or might not be the right thing for you depending on your current diet (which I'm assuming is crappy since you miss meals).

There is no overtraining, just undereating.

Nothing in that schedule raises over training red flags to me. You'll need to get adequate food in order to properly recover.

I would encourage you to read the FAQ in the Diet forum. Increasing your carbs relative to fat and protein might or might not be the right thing for you depending on your current diet (which I'm assuming is crappy since you miss meals).

i make it up after class thats for sure, my diet is clean and sexy with 4-5 meals, i used to eat 8 meals a day when i was clean bulking. ended up losing fat and gaining muscle, ive got beast genes from dad

Not enough detail.

e.g., what does 'boxing/BJJ' mean? Two separate classes? A combined class? Either or? one AM one PM? How long? etc.

I would fuck the sprints off. Not sure why you'd need ice baths.

And I'd slowly add things. If you're doing 4 days per week now, add one thing next week, add one more thing the week after, etc etc. Phase it in at a slow pace. Once you feel your body is up to it, add more in.

I like the sunday schedule.
mmm phasing it up to it, i like that and didnt think of it, thanks :)
and also the class is right after another, i can just work on technique in BJJ anyway. and go hard in boxing all around

Maybe too much too soon, but it's unlikely to lead to overtraining.

thanks alot, makes me more comfortable, and as far as ice baths, my back/shins get inflammation like a mother fucker

You're undertraining brah, add in some squats and deadlifts in there

Back