Will HW linear belt end with Cormier-Lesnar?

No, because lineage doesn't actually end with a retirement.

DC is 40 and when that fight goes down he's going to make a cool $15M+ probably so why the hell would he fight again? The point of the fight was to have it as DC's retirement bout and after he rides off into the sunset with his biggest payday ever, which he deserves.

I see legit no reason why DC or anyone else would fight after that with his age and accomplishments. There's legit no better way to go out.

DC himself said that in a perfect world, he would have three fights left if it were up to him: Brock, Stipe, and Jones. He isn't retiring after this one unless he loses.

I've never understood the appeal of lineal champion.

That's not how it works.

It really comes down to when you started watching MMA tbh. If you're a newer fan the current UFC champion is essentially always the #1 fighter of that division.
10-20 years ago that was rarely the case, because talent was spread out between so many different promotions, so lineal belts had a little more meaning.

For example, when BJ Penn and Murilo Bustamante left to fight in Japan and fight in other divisions, who then becomes the #1 fighter on the planet of those divisions they left? The new UFC champion? The current PRIDE or Shooto champion? It's complicated. So lineal belts started to get tracked as a result.
Gsp is the lineal lw, ww, and mw champion isnt he?

Gsp is the lineal lw, ww, and mw champion isnt he?
Probably. When you're champion for a really long time you'll eventually acquire all the lineal titles. It just happens naturally.

I think he is fighting because of the money he makes by fighting. It is called prizefighting btw.
And welcome to the real world, kiddo.
If DC only fought for money he wouldn't be crying after the fights he lost.

Not sure what world you are living in, but I am glad I am not part of it. Dude.

Back