Will Holm/Tate Become the Main Event?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by platypus44, Feb 23, 2016.

1. platypus44

platypus44 Purple Belt

If there is a Conor fight it probably won't be a title fight and the Holm Tate fight is a title fight. If they had worked a lot harder on building up hype for Holm, they might be in a better position to make Holm/Tate the main event, but still do you think this may happen?

2. DaGenius

DaGenius Silver Belt

Conor is the main if he fights. But the fight should do great because everyone on sherdog told me that holly holm is a much more marketable and liked champion. This should easily do 1m

3. raconnor

raconnor Rebawk Belt

dana said conor will be the main event. no decision yet if it will be for an interim belt

4. toe hold

toe hold Brown Belt

Zero chance, unless McGregor is pulled from the card, which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

Even if McGregor/TBD is scheduled as a three round non-title fight, it will be the headliner. Period

Coule be same scenario as Bellator 131 (Ortiz/Bonnar headlined; Brooks/Chandler title bout was co-main).

5. UL

UL no more yellows Double Yellow Card

Shouldn't even be on the main card to be honest...

6. platypus44

platypus44 Purple Belt

I guess I have the answer to my question but Dana has said other things that then changed (Holm/Rousey in UFC 200). If Conor stays on the card, his fight is the main event and I guess it is very unlikely that, having prepared for the fight and having sold tickets on the theory that there would be a Conor fight, they would even think about not having him on the card.