Will Holly Holm give Rousey trouble with her footwork

You get it.

I don't think Holm has the power to due any serious damage in this fight. Her windows for landing hard, even should she survive the distance, will be sporadic, and that's if she fights 'scared' like she should. If she doesn't, she's done fast, I think.

It is possible for a Holm type to chip and run and beat a Rousey type. I don't know if Rousey would adjust well, to be honest, I think it would get to her. However, to win this way would require a perfect fight from Holm (like Gus - Jones, or a Machida display) I don't think Holm is that good. But, I'm with you that she will survive loner than 30 seconds, or a minute or whatever - and the longer it goes, well, it will be interesting to see how Ronda reacts if it does. Holm's conditioning seems perfectly suited to stay at range and jab all fight long.

Holm, like the rest of the women, has no power. Ronda doesn't need to respect her whatsoever. She can literally sprint at Holm with her hands down to get a hold of her. And she will. And once she grabs Holm it will be over. The only way Holm lasts is if Ronda decides to test her 'boxing'. Once Ronda realizes that her boxing sucks she'll sprint for the clinch, throw, armbar, crying.

Holm, like the rest of the women, has no power. Ronda doesn't need to respect her whatsoever. She can literally sprint at Holm with her hands down to get a hold of her. And she will. And once she grabs Holm it will be over. The only way Holm lasts is if Ronda decides to test her 'boxing'. Once Ronda realizes that her boxing sucks she'll sprint for the clinch, throw, armbar, crying.

So, give me a time. :30?, :45?

You get it.

I don't think Holm has the power to due any serious damage in this fight. Her windows for landing hard, even should she survive the distance, will be sporadic, and that's if she fights 'scared' like she should. If she doesn't, she's done fast, I think.

It is possible for a Holm type to chip and run and beat a Rousey type. I don't know if Rousey would adjust well, to be honest, I think it would get to her. However, to win this way would require a perfect fight from Holm (like Gus - Jones, or a Machida display) I don't think Holm is that good. But, I'm with you that she will survive loner than 30 seconds, or a minute or whatever - and the longer it goes, well, it will be interesting to see how Ronda reacts if it does. Holm's conditioning seems perfectly suited to stay at range and jab all fight long.

1) Holm is no Lyoto.
2) Raquel Pennington managed to clinch with her at least four times...how is she going to stay away from Ronda? yes, i'm going to keep bringing up that point until someone comes up with a reasonable counterpoint...which they wont.
3) Holm throws with no power and Ronda has shown decent durability. i'd lol if Ronda KO'd Holm on the feet.

So, give me a time. :30?, :45?

Like I said, Ronda's little circus keeps blowing hot air up her ass about her boxing, and fighting 35yr old housewives is probably giving her false confidence in her hands. She may be inclined to test them against Holm. I have no faith in Ronda's fight IQ, nor do I have any faith in Holm's power, so Ronda may end up dragging this into the 2nd attempting to 'box'.

I am confident that if Ronda was so inclined she could end this in under 90 seconds, but I'm not sure she will.

1) Holm is no Lyoto.
2) Raquel Pennington managed to clinch with her at least four times...how is she going to stay away from Ronda? yes, i'm going to keep bringing up that point until someone comes up with a reasonable counterpoint...which they wont.
3) Holm throws with no power and Ronda has shown decent durability. i'd lol if Ronda KO'd Holm on the feet.

1 - yup, that's what I said, too.
2. she will be more afraid of clinching with Ronda, obviously.
3. I also said she has no power. Ronda could KO her, or at least rock her standing. Holm will be worried about the TD.

Glad we agree so much!

Like I said, Ronda's little circus keeps blowing hot air up her ass about her boxing, and fighting 35yr old housewives is probably giving her false confidence in her hands. She may be inclined to test them against Holm. I have no faith in Ronda's fight IQ, nor do I have any faith in Holm's power, so Ronda may end up dragging this into the 2nd attempting to 'box'.

I am confident that if Ronda was so inclined she could end this in under 90 seconds, but I'm not sure she will.

Cool. We're on the same page, maybe just on a different paragraph.

She has potential to keep her at a distance with her kicks, but... I don't see a lot there that'll give Rousey any trouble a clinch won't solve.

I already said it a long time ago. The way to beat ronda is being patient and using footwork to keep at the end of the jab. Even though, ronda might just be more skilled than Holly

She will need good footwork and some strong and powerful shots to make Ronda take notice and respect her.

The main issue the whole division has is that Ronda has no fear or concern for being hit in the face or the head. She just bull rushes in and eats whatever shots come her way. Until someone stuns her, she will keep on chasing them like a starving animal. Because of this footwork alone will not be a solution to solving Ronda.

Holm took a shitload of time to find her distance and rhythm in her two UFC fights. How is her footwork going to help if she needs a full round to start being accurate and effective ?

She might be the only one who doesn't come in with a gameplan of either clinching instantly with Ronda or trying to bullrush her and trade punches.

I honestly don't know enough about Holm to critique her footwork so I don't know. I just think she'll at least be smart about it and try to pick Ronda apart. It won't matter though. She doesn't have the power to keep Ronda away and all it's going to take is 1 clinch and throw from Ronda and it's over.

I already said it a long time ago. The way to beat ronda is being patient and using footwork to keep at the end of the jab. Even though, ronda might just be more skilled than Holly

But as others have said, what if the jab and footwork isn't enough to get Ronda's attention? What if they don't hit hard enough to really stop Ronda from rushing in? Eventually the clinch WILL happen. You can't footwork and jab your way around for 25 minutes.

Nah. I don't think Ronda will have any trouble closing the distance on Holm. After that, it'll be all over.

I think she'll give her trouble up until Ronda gets the clinch then it's over. She's better equipped to beat Ronda standing than anyone else was.

How long that will be i'm not sure.

HH will get tossed on her ass, then subbed.....

She doesn't have the punching power to keep Ronda on the outside.

Her footwork certainly will, she far more advanced in that then any of Rouseys previous opponents. Ronda is pretty good at cutting of the cage and getting in close range so its going to be interesting.

Back