Will Holly Holm give Rousey trouble with her footwork

This thread is gold. The answer shows how ridiculous was the Rousey hype. By far the most undeserved in the history of this sport.

what footwork, hows that footwork going to be once shes judo tossed to the ground and submitted?

if she any power then maybe ronda wont bum rush her

Holly has looked pretty stiff and tentative so far...

Hate to write anybody off, but imo she's just a warm body for Ronda

Holly Holm will give Ronda Rousey no problem at all. Rousey is so far ahead of everyone else at this point.

Well I think she will outlast Ronda's last 3 opponents if that is what you mean by trouble

No, I don't believe she can jab and run fast enough

Nah. Get ready for some familiar scenery; clinch, Judo throw, armbar, 30 seconds or less.

Disagreed.

Holm will actually be intelligent, and use some distance against Rousey. She has a long arm span and likes to stand. I give it until about a minute and a half when Rousey gets a hold of her and finishes it.

hard to see the best fighter thats ever lived getting troubled by something like footwork

Disagreed.

Holm will actually be intelligent, and use some distance against Rousey. She has a long arm span and likes to stand. I give it until about a minute and a half when Rousey gets a hold of her and finishes it.

I agree with this. Also, are there any betting lines posted yet? I wonder what the payout is for over 30 seconds? Cuz I'll bet on the over.

Holm's better than most of the competition Ronda has faced. She hasn't been exciting (far from it) but she's not going to do what 99% of Ronda's past opponents have (wade forward, chin up, winging hooks).

With all that boxing and kickboxing experience under her belt, she understands timing and distance better than almost anyone else in the division, and she's training with a legit camp.

... Do I think she's going to beat Ronda? No, of course not. But I think she'll make it out of the first round if she can avoid getting tossed on her head. Might even go a few rounds. Might even test Ronda's chin a couple of times, too (Ronda is very hittable).

People lack imagination. You've seen it one way for three fights - that's the only way it will go! Coupled with, 'Too tentative" and "30 seconds"

Its illogical. Running straight into your opponents body is the fastest possible way to get clinched and thrown. That's what these girls have done. Holms going to run, and probably get caught, but not in 30 seconds. She won't even engage for 30 seconds, and if you think little, fat Ronda can magically pounce on a retreating opponent who is taller and as athletic.......

Ronda should win, eventually, but we haven't even seen her body systems out of the anaerobic state since she fought Tate. She's not going to be a chunky, little sprint machine for more than 1:30. Her anaerobic spurts, like all humans, will decrease in duration, while requiring more recovery time in the aerobic phase.

I'm not saying Holm is going to drag her into deep waters for sure - but the first wave is the hardest, and a tentative fighter is a good thing, in this case.

Holm's better than most of the competition Ronda has faced. She hasn't been exciting (far from it) but she's not going to do what 99% of Ronda's past opponents have (wade forward, chin up, winging hooks).

With all that boxing and kickboxing experience under her belt, she understands timing and distance better than almost anyone else in the division, and she's training with a legit camp.

... Do I think she's going to beat Ronda? No, of course not. But I think she'll make it out of the first round if she can avoid getting tossed on her head. Might even go a few rounds. Might even test Ronda's chin a couple of times, too (Ronda is very hittable).

You get it.

I don't think Holm has the power to due any serious damage in this fight. Her windows for landing hard, even should she survive the distance, will be sporadic, and that's if she fights 'scared' like she should. If she doesn't, she's done fast, I think.

It is possible for a Holm type to chip and run and beat a Rousey type. I don't know if Rousey would adjust well, to be honest, I think it would get to her. However, to win this way would require a perfect fight from Holm (like Gus - Jones, or a Machida display) I don't think Holm is that good. But, I'm with you that she will survive loner than 30 seconds, or a minute or whatever - and the longer it goes, well, it will be interesting to see how Ronda reacts if it does. Holm's conditioning seems perfectly suited to stay at range and jab all fight long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back