Will Hendo have to pull out of rematch with Bisping due to injury now that he says he'll retire?

I could see that happening. If he seriously retires after winning the belt that doesn't look good for the division at all.

I am now convinced we won't see this fight unless Hendon decides to stay for say 1 or 2 more fights. That is ubless they are super confident that Hendon gets beat.
lol it looks fine for the division. Bisping is champ right now, hendo winning and retiring cant make it look any worse buddeh

Cut the conspiracy crap bruh. if the UFC doesn't want the Hendo-Bisping fight because Hendo could retire with the belt, then they wouldn't sign the fight

He signed the paperwork and said he'd retire after he signed it, so theoretically the UFC didn't know he was gonna retire when he signed the paperwork.

yes, hendo already has a history of doing this when he was supposed to fight Jon jones which led to UFC cancelling an event!! hendo sport killer and TRT cheat

The ufc want this fight.

You really think they are doing bisping a favour here? Champions can not choose opponents.

Hendo has now stated that he's retiring after his rematch against Bisping, win or lose.

This fight is for the MW belt. Obviously the UFC doesn't want Hendo winning and subsequently retiring immediately afterward as champ. As much as I love Hendo, I just don't see Bisping circling into Hendo's legendary get H-Bomb again. But, it could happen, Hendo has surprised me in the past, especially with his off-balance KO of Lombard.

So, now that Hendo has said he'll retire win or lose against Bisping in their rematch, do you see Hendo unexpectedly getting 'injured' and not being able to fight, while the UFC finds a new opponent for Bisping rather than postponing the fight?

Dana said right after UFC 199 that he thinks the best thing would be for Hendo to win….and then retire. He doesn't want Dan to continue fighting and getting even worse with his speech.

As for the fight, I see Bisping trying to drag this out as long as he can. Dan is good for 2, maybe 3 rounds, but not 5, and if Bisping can pull him into deep waters he might actually be able to TKO him. Though easier said than done, as we all know Dan needs all of half a second to beat guys with much better chins than Mike.

Exactly why Hendo shouldn't get the titleshot. Give it to someone who will y'know, stick around and defend the belt.

Actually it's the best thing that can happen. They will have a vacant title slot and they could set up a little tourney between weidman, bisping, Luke, jacare, Romero, and maybe even a mousse to even things out and have additional top ten on back up. Hope that happens and hendo rides off into the sunset with the belt. Seems like the UFC is doing he a favor for being with them forever.

Actually it's the best thing that can happen. They will have a vacant title slot and they could set up a little tourney between weidman, bisping, Luke, jacare, Romero, and maybe even a mousse to even things out and have additional top ten on back up. Hope that happens and hendo rides off into the sunset with the belt. Seems like the UFC is doing he a favor for being with them forever.

I would love a tourney. Probably won't happen.

Hendo won't retire... it's just a negotiating tactic to get more money to "unretire"

They don't care. If Dan wins, it's only bisping who lost. He's lost many times before. He's not some young unbeatable hype machine at the beginning of his career .dan can retire champ and a legend but it's not like he beat a dominant champ .
If Bisping wins then he's avenged his loss and is on a 5 fight win streak .
They can't lose .

Hendo beating Bisping would actually help the UFC. A vacant belt gives them an opportunity to be creative about how to determine the next champion.

I would be in favor of a 4 fighter tournament. Weidman, Rockhold, Romero, and Souza are all right on the cusp.

If Hendo wins, no way is he gonna retire. He'll fight at least one more time and defend that belt. He's not walking away leaving all that money on the table

They don't care. If Dan wins, it's only bisping who lost. He's lost many times before. He's not some young unbeatable hype machine at the beginning of his career .dan can retire champ and a legend but it's not like he beat a dominant champ .
If Bisping wins then he's avenged his loss and is on a 5 fight win streak .
They can't lose .

Good point.

No. Hendo's announcement makes the fight MUCH more sellable. Combine the previous epic KO with the opportunity to watch a legend potentially walk off into the sunset with a belt? Very easy sell.

Plus, Hendo left the door open saying he felt like his body had 2-3 more years left. That sounds less like a retirement and more like planting a seed in UFC management's head to SHOW ME THE MONEY if he wins.

Fight shouldnt be scheduled in the first place and we all knew that was a huge possibility for Hendo to retire after with the belt or without it.

This. They love the fact he's the champ; Fertitta and White nearly french kissed him when he won the belt. They are looking to squeeze a little more money out of the situation; that's why they gave him Hendo rather than Jacare. If Hendo would get injured they'd probably unretire Jorge Rivera and give the shot to him, because "that's want the fans want to see."

This fan doesn't wanna see Jorge Rivera!

tumblr_nx2671uFwS1tbvyo3o3_r2_400.gif

Hendo has now stated that he's retiring after his rematch against Bisping, win or lose.

This fight is for the MW belt. Obviously the UFC doesn't want Hendo winning and subsequently retiring immediately afterward as champ. As much as I love Hendo, I just don't see Bisping circling into Hendo's legendary get H-Bomb again. But, it could happen, Hendo has surprised me in the past, especially with his off-balance KO of Lombard.

So, now that Hendo has said he'll retire win or lose against Bisping in their rematch, do you see Hendo unexpectedly getting 'injured' and not being able to fight, while the UFC finds a new opponent for Bisping rather than postponing the fight?

Wait, didn't we already see this film? I agree, without some type of assurance that the belt isn't going to get retired without being defended, it is difficult to wrap my head around why this fight should take place. PERIOD! Where we disagree is that the UFC needs some kind of a conspiracy theory to force this into a "injury cancellation".

IMO, this is 100% the purpose of a title fight. The UFC would be justified to come out and just be honest if this is the case. They should ADMIT that this revelation 100% changed everything, and voided the contract to this TITLE fight.

Just to joke a little with the conspiracy theory, Hendo waits until the day before the fight, and backs out giving his training partner (Chael P. Sonnen) the fight against Bisping.

Should be a great show $$$
somewhere in England
maybe Manchester?

barring injury
(knock on wood)

Back