Will Hendo even make it out of the 1st round against DC?

I think DC will take him down and wear him out.

I think every fighter who spent a significant time in Pride is vulnerable to 'surprise' TD's.
Because defending a TD wasn't that important there. But here, it can mean the round, or even the fight.
Pride vets are just a bit careless about being on TD alert.

Huh? With knees, stomps, and soccer kicks to the head of a downed opponent legal, I would say that defending a TD was more important in Pride than it is in the current UFC.

I'm a big DC fan and think he wins for sure, but I'll be very surprised if he finishes Hendo. DC by fairly easy UD.

Is this a joke? Cormier may win, but he's not a finisher.

aysyrl.gif

Huh? With knees, stomps, and soccer kicks to the head of a downed opponent legal, I would say that defending a TD was more important in Pride than it is in the current UFC.
No it wasn't, in PRIDE you could still win the fight with attempts to finish the fight from your back because judges did not award points for establishing neutral position (see: top guard). It's WAY more important to defend TDs well in UFC where you literally cannot win rounds from guard, even if you actually do outgrapple your opponent in every facet of ground-fighting short of actually tapping him out (see Torres/Johnson, Guida/Pettis, Guida/Hioki).

Wow? Can Hendo make it out of the first round? Seriously?

Cormier is going to be hesitant, until he knows he can get inside without getting blasted. We'll be lucky if DC does anything more than jab and throw a couple of kicks in the first three minutes.

Yes,
DC is a glass body volume striker

This fight is going to be a let down, DC is gonna try to clinch and wrestle Hendo for 15 minutes, doubt he even exchanges with him.

DC extra weight is a notable advantage. Hendo will need to avoid getting smothered and gassing. Unless Hendo can sneak in an H bomb he will need to be moving a lot and lately fast foot work not really Hendos style. I am pulling for An upset but see the weight advantage with no advantage in skills on Hendos side.

This fight is going to be a let down, DC is gonna try to clinch and wrestle Hendo for 15 minutes, doubt he even exchanges with him.

I think DC will play it safe and attempt to wrestlefuck Hendo too. However....when he's throwing punches I bet DC will land one that rocks Hendo (may land a few) but one will hurt Hendo and DC will jump on it and finish Hendo.

(T)KO 2nd rd.

Hendos chin is vastly overrated.

Forget the Vitor fight for a second and you know that's not true. It's underrated if anything.

Forget the Vitor fight for a second and you know that's not true. It's underrated if anything.

even in the Belfort fight he took more punishment than most people can handle and
still tried to get back to his feet.

dont count old hendo out guys

dc's going to play it safe... i imagine a frank mir like grappling domination.

even in the Belfort fight he took more punishment than most people can handle and
still tried to get back to his feet.

dont count old hendo out guys

Exactly, and Hendo's a terminator when he fights. DC's going to have his hands full with that old man tonight.

DC can and will wrestle him to exhaustion.

The H-bomb is long gone. He can KO you if you put your chin up in the air, but that's any fighter.

Imo i wish he retired after Fedor.

Back