Will Hendo even make it out of the 1st round against DC?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hendo's a legend and this would have been a great fight......if Hendo was 10 years younger. The only thing Hendo has going for him in this fight is his H-Bomb and the liklihood of him landing that against DC is extremely rare. Hendo looked like a slow, old man against Shogun. Shogun was hurting Hendo with almost every hit and the fight could have arguably been stopped for a Hendo loss. Hendo also doesn't have TRT in this fight and that could also play a huge role.

DC's looking sharp. I believe that DC is the fighter that could beat both Jones and Cain and I think it would most likely be by decision. Although I could also see DC landing a big one on Cain and then TKOing him.

People are asking why this fight when DC is so close to a title shot. Well, it's simple. While Jones fights Gus, DC can get an easy but "credible" win against Hendo and not take the risk of losing and screwing up the UFC's plans. Then the UFC can have Jones vs. DC as scheduled.

I love Hendo but I see him getting rocked and finished by punches in this fight. Hendo's legendary chin has been gone for some time. DC will crush him within the 1st or 2nd at the latest and that's all because they may take a round to feel each other out. This could be a dangerous fight for Hendo's health. I hope he makes it out of of the Octagon tonight intact. This fight won't end in anything but a TKO/KO loss for Hendo.

see what Vitor did to him. DC will take him down silly.

Nah. Hendo will end it before then.

I think Cormier will win this fight, but I think Hendo will make it very tough and have people second guessing themselves about Cormier. It will IMO be a fight that will create doubt around Cormier, considering that Hendo is 43 and coming of his TRT and is somewhat passed his prime. He hasn't looked great in a few fights now.

I think DC will take him down and wear him out.

I think every fighter who spent a significant time in Pride is vulnerable to 'surprise' TD's.
Because defending a TD wasn't that important there. But here, it can mean the round, or even the fight.
Pride vets are just a bit careless about being on TD alert.

(T)KO 2nd rd.

Hendos chin is vastly overrated.

Did you have a friend dumb enough to bet you straight up and give you the -800 fighter?

Naw. We just always do it for $10 or $20.

Like the old saying goes, only bet what your willing to lose. And I can't afford to be losing any significant amount of money. lol. Wish I did.

The massage receiving-fuck a weight cut-giver of the good fortune chicken- hollywood Henderson is not only going to make it out of the first round, he's going to KO DC in the 3rd.

Naw. We just always do it for $10 or $20.

Like the old saying goes, only bet what your willing to lose. And I can't afford to be losing any significant amount of money. lol. Wish I did.

Well then he is dumb enough then. You should be laying $150-160 to win that $20, and if he won, he could get a $100. I need a friend like that...lol

Good thinking on your part though. Smart.

Enjoy the fights tonight. Hope it pans out to be an exciting card.

Cormier is for real. Hendos always got a chance but his time has come and gone. Cormier is going to dominate.

Dan also weigh 199, and 205 fight night.
DC will weigh 220 pounds fight night.

Weight don't matter, but DC will likely destroy Dan.

And ts, you are wrong, Cain would smother DC. They are friends but fighting for real, Cain would destroy DC badly.
I see JDS actually put DC on a punching bag, but since DC and Cain are friends, DC plan is too good for JDS so DC likely decision JDS because JDS is a hard guy to finish.
Jones probably outstruck DC by range. Jones too skills and long for DC.
Jones has 11 or 12 inches reach over DC and well as 6" taller too.

Is this a joke? Cormier may win, but he's not a finisher.

To be fair, until one fight ago, he was fighting very big dudes, and still taking every round.

His power and skills may be more dangerous at LHW. There's not too many (any?) LHW's that would finish Barnett, Mir, and Nelson.

Back