Will hate for MVP reach Jones levels if he comes to UFC?

We talking about this guy, right?
MVP.jpg

I'm not even saying he WILL be a top fighter. I'm just saying it's fucking absurd to say he doesn't even have the POTENTIAL to be one. You can't look at a guy like MVP and say he doesn't have a ton of potential. Whether or not he'll capitalize on it and become one of the elite WWs in the world remains to be seen, but you can't possibly deny he COULD be a WW champion in the future.

He absolutely needs to prove himself, but I'd say he's done very well thus far, having won every one of his fights in impressive fashion, with the Burrell fight being a bit of an exception - but that's literally the only decision he's ever had. If you look at a guy like Wonderboy, who has a relatively similar style (not the same, I know), you can clearly see that he could go pretty far, though he's not there yet.
There's a difference between being a top fighter and having a dominant run like Jones that requires being a complete fighter.

Only if he beats fan favorites

I think fans would get behind him like crazy

There's a difference between being a top fighter and having a dominant run like Jones that requires being a complete fighter.
But wouldn't you say Anderson had the same perceived weaknesses as MVP? He became one of the greatest of all time. MVP's movement is even more dynamic than Anderson's, so I think it's entirely plausible that he can do well against wrestlers, though again it remains to be seen. I just don't get how you can dismiss the guy considering how well he's done thus far in his career.

If MVP ever comes to the UFC how quickly do you think it will be before the hate for him reaches Jones levels? Do you think it would at least be a week or a couple of days?

Pro-tip. Put the fighter's name in the title or opening comment.
MVP is nowhere near as established as GSP, so people who don't follow Bellator or WSOF won't know some of these prospects.
Also, I now like him a little less, because his acronym is more fucking obnoxious than that tasteless PokeBall BS he did.

But wouldn't you say Anderson had the same perceived weaknesses as MVP? He became one of the greatest of all time. MVP's movement is even more dynamic than Anderson's, so I think it's entirely plausible that he can do well against wrestlers, though again it remains to be seen. I just don't get how you can dismiss the guy considering how well he's done thus far in his career.
He hasn't done anything thus far in his career, finishing people in a bunch of mismatches just isn't impressive to me.

He's never going to be champion let alone ever being considered the greatest fighter all time. All of which are required to even approach to jones level. Real hate doesn't come from crushing cans, it comes from crushing greats.

I look forward to him coming to the UFC.
But the UFC's Welterweight div. is a lot different from Bellator's, especially since Askren went down to the AA leagues.

im prepared to let it slide if mvp ruins an entire event by pulling out, and also if he starts stabbing all his opponents in the eyes, doing hit and runs on pregnant women and hiding under the cage from drug testers. but i have a zero tolerance policy on drag racers

Even most of Jones' haters now admit it was Henderson and Sonnen in cahoots to set up a short notice fight. Henderson failed to disclose his injury, when he knew how bad it was. So, how the fuck is that Jones' fault again? Let it go dude. Seriously.

already leaning towards not being a fan after he pulled that pokemon crap lol, looks like a good fighter tho, hope he gets into the ufc so he can be tested against the knowns

depends on which of Sherdog's favorites gets their skull cracked.

He would need to actually win fights for anyone to care enough about him to hate him. Whether he can do that or not remains to be seen.

Even most of Jones' haters now admit it was Henderson and Sonnen in cahoots to set up a short notice fight. Henderson failed to disclose his injury, when he knew how bad it was. So, how the fuck is that Jones' fault again? Let it go dude. Seriously.

lol great theory, compelling stuff

I doubt it, I doesn't seem like MVP puts on a fake nice guy persona but is actually a dick.

1. First he has to play pretend time and tell the world that he's a good Christian boy that looks down on pot-smokers and the like all the while reeking like bullshit.

2. Then he has to get caught being fake. Exposed as a hypocrite. There should be interviews of his training partners complaining about his 2-faced nature.

3. Then he has to get a DUI with 2 underage girls in the car. Throughout the entire ordeal he has to act like the victim fighting against an injust world.

rinse and repeat every year.

So what?

It's normal for fighters to be replaced with their training partners when they get injured. Standard stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back